What's new

New A Perfect Circle - anyone pick it up? (1 Viewer)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

You're probably thinking of aMOTION, which comes with the 9-track CD and is set for release next week (November 16).

I, for one, like the album eMotive. I don't know what else is on tap in the next few weeks (no Christmas carols here :D ), but for now, this will be the primary listen in my car.

StevenW

Second Unit
Its taken about a week, but Im warming up to this album. Really starting to get into it. Whats Going On just has some beautiful vocal harmonies. And its hard to believe Maynardo is actually singing on When the Levee Breaks. Very different for him.
One thing though... is Billy should stick to backup vocals. He isnt horrible....but he really has no business singing lead when they have a talent like Keenan.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I put off buying this album due to all of the lukewarm reviews. Now, I'm angry that I did. It may not be a perfect album, but it's a damn good one. I listened to it 3 times consecutively yesterday, and it's been awhile since I did that with any album. This is my kind of cover album, where the songs are really mutated. I can't stand it when a cover album contains versions that are hardly different from the originals (If I wanted that, I'd just listen to the originals).

Anyway, my favorites so far are.
1. Imagine,
2. Counting Bodies...
3. Passive

I can't wait for the DVD now, as it reportedly contains three videos for "Blue", which is my favorite song from "Thirteen Steps"

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, picked up the aMOTION DVD/CD very late last night, but haven't watched it yet. I do have to say I dislike just about every one of the remixes on the CD so far though :frowning: A few are OK, but for the most part nothing special; the original tracks are better to my ears.

The listing on the DVD looks good, so it will hopefully make it worth the price. Very interested in The Noose live - one of my favorites from the Thirteenth Step and it was a highlight at the show. I wasn't crazy about the song Vanishing, but the live presentation was awsome :) and the song has really grown on me since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks