What's new

New $899 DLP Projector - Dell 2200MP (1 Viewer)

mckenzig

Grip
ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 20, 2003--Customers can now display wall-sized images of everything from sporting events to presentations to video games and DVDs on a Dell 2200MP projector, introduced today for $899.

"We designed the 2200MP to meet the demands of customers that want a projector that can be easily used in the office and at home, as projectors become a more common component in the home digital entertainment center," said Scott O'Hare, vice-president and general manager, Dell Software and Peripherals. "For an attractive price, this projector provides an outstanding image and high-quality features."

The 2200MP projector uses the latest Digital Light Processing (DLP)(tm) DDR(a) projection technology to generate high resolution images at a 1700:1 contrast ratio with a maximum brightness of 1200 ANSI lumens(b) for crisp video and graphics. For true plug-and-play operation, an auto-sync feature adjusts the output resolution to match that of the input device up to SXGA+ (1400x1050 dpi).

At 4.7 lbs, the projector weighs less than many notebook computers but still provides advanced features such as motion-adaptive hardware de-interlacing -- which digitally smoothes out pixilated images, a power-saving auto shutdown mode, and preset and user-programmable video modes for easy custom-configuration.

Accessories that ship standard with each 2200MP projector include a sturdy, hard foam carrying case; all video cables, including S-Video, composite video, component video/HDTV, audio, VGA and USB; a quick start guide; and a remote control. Also standard is a 1-year limited warranty(c) and Advance Exchange Service(d).

Initial availability will be in North America, with other countries to follow in the coming months.

Technical specifications of the 2200MP projector include:

-- Native SVGA (800 x 600 dpi) resolution with auto-sync to SXGA+

-- Single chip DLP DDR technology

-- 1.2x manual zoom lens

-- Native 4:3 aspect ratio with 16:9 option

-- Built in 2W speaker

-- 200-watt, user-replaceable P-VIP lamp; 2,000 hours

-- 16.7M true colors

-- +/- 16 degree (32 degree total) digital keystone correction

-- Includes AC power input, one 15 pin D-sub connector for analog RBG/Component Video/HDTV signal inputs, one 15-pin D-sub for PC output, one Composite Video (RCA) input, one S-Video input, one USB mouse input, one 3.5 mm phone jack for line audio input

-- NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL (B,D,G,H,I,M,N), SECAM (B,D,G,K,K1,L) and HDTV (480i/P; 576i/P, 720P; 1080i) compatible

-- Image size adjustable from 27.9" to 337.5" (diagonal)

-- FCC Class B Certified

-- 250W power consumption (full)

-- 37 dBA (normal operation); 34 dBA (eco-mode) sound output

-- 10.5"x8.5"x3.4" (WxDxH); 4.7 lbs

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Not bad for $899. I wonder what the real world contrast ratio and brightness is after claibration.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Aren't all of Dell's projectors and printers just rebadged models from other manufacturers? I know for a fact that Lexmark makes Dell's printers. Who makes this?

I don't know all that much about PJs, but 800x600 resolution kinda stinks. Better PJs are 1024x768.

The lumens rating (1200) is excellent though...if it really IS 1200 lumens. We have an older 1000-lumen PJ in our office and from 20 feet away, you can see the image clearly even w/the lights on.

I'll be in the market for a new "display device" of some sort come early 2004...haven't made up my mind yet what I'm going with. Who knows? A PJ may be in my future.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Ah, good point. :b It's early yet...no coffee yet.

I'd be interested in the answers to my questions, above. How long does a "2000-hour" bulb typically last?

How true is the statement "The quality of the light degrades substantially as the bulb nears the end of it's life?" Not related to THIS PJ, but any, in general.

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
"Native 4:3 aspect ratio with 16:9 option"

"16:9 option"
meaning another model or you select 16:9 mode & top and bottom bars disappear. Or I think they may just be stating that it is 16:9 compatible

DavidLM

Agent
well it doesn't have the faloujda deinterlacer like the X1 so not sure what its advantages are over the X1.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
Think I answered my question. Dell.com lists the replacement bulb at $300 when purchased with the projector. No separate listing for the bulb by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread