What's new

new 7.1 speaker system? (1 Viewer)

MikeMorris

Auditioning
I am new to this forum and am somewhat overwhelmed with all the information. I am looking at upgrading my current 5.1 surround system (Eosone system purchased at BB) to 7.1. However I am not sure what speakers to go with. I am looking at spending around $2-2.5k for the speakers and receiver.

I have been looking into the JBL Northridge, Klipsch Synergy, and Polk speakers. Are there any others you would recommend looking into? Or any of these you would not recommend? Also started looking into an Axiom system.

I was extremely close to purchasing a Klipsch SF-3 system from Vanns.com for aprox $1600 plus the Pioneer VSX-1014TX for $500. But then I did some research on the sub (Velodyne DLS-3500) that comes with the system and found numerous bad reviews/complaints. Haven't check with them to see if they will allow substitution of the sub.

BTW, the system is being placed in my living room which is approximately 13x25x8.

Any recommendations/thoughts are appreciated.

MikeMorris

Auditioning
After reading through some of the other posts, I have added Axiom, Swan, and Aperion to my list of possible choices. Any thoughts on these speakers. Which gives better performance for the money?

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
I think that many of the brands you mentioned are good quality speakers. As most people here will tell you. "Listen for yourself" At some point it comes down to preference and budget. Personally I've been shopping for speakers for a year now, and after listening to many and reading opinions and reviews of many more. I decided to try the Aperions. I already have their S-12 Sub and decided to go with an "ALL APERION" system. Hopefully they'll fulfill my expectations. And if not, I can always return them.

jim_W

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, I will second Mitch's vote for the Aperion's. I am currently using an Aperion system consisting of Powered Towers, VAC center and two 522 bookshelf surrounds. I've owned a full swan set-up in the past as well. You can view my system here:

Aperion HT

At the end of the thread is another link to my 'official' review of the system. Please feel free to contact me direct if you have any further questions. With their MBG, you really can't go wrong giving them a shot, the only thing you have to lose, is your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks