New 50" Grand Wega

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Amayao, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

Work for the goodguys and just came back from vendor training/presentation in seattle ... it was mostly a snore ... denon yamaha mitsubishi were great and informative ....

but as this thread states .... caught a glimpse of the 50 inch prototype grand wega ......... it was a vague presentation mainly due to the not so technically inclined representative .... supposedly first in the nation to glimpse it but it is a sexxy piece and supposedly 25% better in performance to the previous model .... the prototype lacked only the memory card slot and i believe a DVI input ... but will both be in the model that hits the stores ....

though the prototype had some bugs in it as so goes with operation ..... but once it was up a running ...... i noticed markedly improved black levels from the 60 inch grand wega .... update on more soon.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I wonder what they are using for the guts of this system.... the Sony VPL-VW12HT?

3. Steve WC

Steve WC Stunt Coordinator

Did you notice any:

Grand Uneven Brightness?

Grand Funhouse effects?

Grand Bowing?

4. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

Photos and many threads about the New Grand Wegas at AVS forum.