3D New 3D title from the 3D Film Archive for a Kickstarter Campaign

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Management has made it expressly clear to Mr. Furmanek that he and reviews of his product are no longer welcome here, despite the traffic he has generated for this website for more than a decade.
Very bizarre. All my dealings with Bob over the years have been great. I would like to hear from "management" about this.

bujaki

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Management has made it expressly clear to Mr. Furmanek that he and reviews of his product are no longer welcome here, despite the traffic he has generated for this website for more than a decade.
I deeply regret his absence, but I'm glad you're still around. I certainly missed our poolside meetings this year at Culpeper. Maybe next year... Please extend my regards to Bob.

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ditto. Been meaning to order this for a while, so it was a good reminder. Also ordered from Kino. Their full price ($17.97) is still lower than most other places that list the title, and they give free shipping with orders of $50 or more.

Given their extensive catalog, it's not difficult to hit $50. ;)

smithbrad

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad
So when a new release by the 3D Film Archive is released, it will not be reviewed by an HTF reviewer? Will personal reviews be allowed? This is a huge ban and I think it’s normal for members to wonder why.
Typically, if a person is "banned" it is designated as such around the Avatar of their postings. This is not the case with with Mr. Furmanek. More likely, there was a disagreement between the two sides and he has chosen to no longer post.

Glenn C.

Grip
Real Name
Glenn
So when a new release by the 3D Film Archive is released, it will not be reviewed by an HTF reviewer? Will personal reviews be allowed? This is a huge ban and I think it’s normal for members to wonder why.
There might be a disagreement between the parties, however, there have been recent reviews from different posters on this forum. Also, this thread is active so whatever happened isn't affecting the posting of such threads. I don't see any forum bans!

RichMurphy

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich
Typically, if a person is "banned" it is designated as such around the Avatar of their postings. This is not the case with Mr. Furmanek. More likely, there was a disagreement between the two sides and he has chosen to no longer post.
I noticed that as well. Also, I see nothing in the "Terms and Rules" that would preclude a review of something that he worked on, assuming that no bootlegs were involved.

Whatever the situation is, it is unfortunate, especially if you reread Post #1 of the "Meet Bob Furmanek: HTF Golden Age 3-D Consultant" thread and its collegial tone. I consider both Furmanek and David Strohmaier as keepers of the flame for obscure but historic cinema formats, and their preservation/restoration work is invaluable. And Home Theater Forum was an invaluable resource for keeping up on their activities.

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
To be clear—Bob has voluntarily left this forum and was not banned. He and one of the owners of this forum (whom I have no trouble with personally) had a disagreement that led to a mandate that our product will no longer be reviewed here.

3DFA wishes HTF the best of luck, and hopes that you all will keep your ear to the ground for what will be a watershed year of releases.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
To be clear—Bob has voluntarily left this forum and was not banned. He and one of the owners of this forum (whom I have no trouble with personally) had a disagreement that led to a mandate that our product will no longer be reviewed here.

3DFA wishes HTF the best of luck, and hopes that you all will keep your ear to the ground for what will be a watershed year of releases.
I’m going to hope that the ruffled feathers get smoothed over and Bob will return.

Glenn C.

Grip
Real Name
Glenn
Well.
This seems very short sighted by whomever decided they didn’t need Bob around here.
It sounds like Bob made that decision.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
It sounds like Bob made that decision
I don’t doubt it. Also Bob didn’t make that choice for no reason.
Looks like htf doesn't deem Bob as essential around here.

Either way we probably will never know.
Maybe Bob asked for something htf couldn’t provide.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Popped3off