3D New 3D title from the 3D Film Archive for a Kickstarter Campaign

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
well, elsewhere Bob did hint that fans would "get a kick" out of this kickstarter, so here's one guess....

1593540332477.png
1593540346546.png

That said, I'd "pony" up lots of "hay" for Diamond Wizard, I, the Jury or Robot Monster....

RolandL

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I thought the "get a kick" was in reference to Kickstarter but, Money From Home would be fantastic! Although that might be very expensive to restore as wasn't that filmed in 3-strip Technicolor?

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
Yeah I was way off..... Totally different kind of kick.... ;)

Anyway, I'm in!

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I saw "Dynasty" on its initial UK release. The 3D was pretty good and the movie was better than some other martial arts movies I've endured. I've always wondered what became of it as it never seemed to reappear anywhere and I've never met anyone else who'd seen it (or had even heard of it).

Peter Apruzzese

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Peter,

What is the state of the elements? Why does it necessitate a restoration, as opposed to scanning and finish?
I don't know since I'm not involved in the project, but I'll pass along the question.

EDIT - details will be forthcoming on the Kickstarter pages.

pinknik

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
Peter,

What is the state of the elements? Why does it necessitate a restoration, as opposed to scanning and finish?
Bob Furmanek answers this on the Kickstarter campaign video.

The available elements are color faded and slightly warped. I think all of the work the Archive does will be in the digital domain, as opposed to a photochemical restoration, if that's what you were asking about. I seem to recall you making that distinction before, IIRC.

whyme?

Auditioning
Real Name
michael mcgee
Bob F. is starting a new kick-starter campaign to raise funds for the 1977 Kung fu feature"Dynasty". I remember seeing back in the early '80s in the 3D revival .35 dollars will get your copy not only if you got a 3D setup but includes an anaglyphic version for those who don't have a 3D setup. Which is good.

dana martin

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
once more again into the breech, I go,

first day out and already halfway funded, think i see the possibilities of added content

if Bob comes to this page i do have a question,

Is the 3D Film Archive in anyway involved it the future 3D release that Vinegar Syndrome has planed for later this year?

RolandL

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
once more again into the breech, I go,

first day out and already halfway funded, think i see the possibilities of added content

if Bob comes to this page i do have a question,

Is the 3D Film Archive in anyway involved it the future 3D release that Vinegar Syndrome has planed for later this year?
I'm guessing if they were, Bob would not comment till the title has been announced by VS.

Reactions: Camps and TravisR

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
Since Bob is unable to post here anymore, I am (as Associate Producer at the 3DFA) happy to field the previous questions:

The elements of DYNASTY are in disastrous, but not unsalvageable conditions. This is a literal “now or never” situation, much like AFRICA SCREAMS, whose preprint elements were deteriorating when we received them.

This is a US/Canada exclusive for Kickstarter due to technical reasons, but it will be also be available by the end of the year by another vendor.

We are not associated with the Vinegar Syndrome project.

Bob asks that if you have any further questions, they can be forwarded to him on the Kickstarter page or at other forums on which he posts.

From all of us at the 3DFA, we sincerely thank every one of you that have made this project a reality.

Last edited:

pinknik

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
Since Bob is unable to post here anymore, I am (as Associate Producer at the 3DFA) happy to field the previous questions:

The elements of DYNASTY are in disastrous, but not unsalvageable conditions. This is a literal “now or never” situation, much like AFRICA SCREAMS, whose preprint elements were deteriorating when we received them.

This is a US/Canada exclusive for Kickstarter due to technical reasons, but it will be available by the end of the year for all regions by another vendor.

We are not associated with the Vinegar Syndrome project.

Bob asks that if you have any further questions, they can be forwarded to him on the Kickstarter page or at other forums on which he posts.

From all of us at the 3DFA, we sincerely thank every one of you that have made this project a reality.
Why can't Bob post here anymore? Thanks!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123