New 36" JVC suffers from a rotated screen! Is there an easy fix?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jael, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Jael

Jael Agent

My new TV, JVC AV36D303, has a slight fault and I'm wondering if there might not be an easy fix. My screen seems to be rotated clockwise ever so slightly. The lower left corner (from the screen edge to the image edge) on a letterboxed DVD measures 2 3/4 inches while the lower right corner measures a little under 2 1/2 inches. Further examination implies the image is slightly rotated but it may also be just a warped lower left corner of the image.

Is there an adjustment for these kind of geometry problems in the service menu that could be done relatively easily?

Model# JVC AV-36D303

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Jael,

Most direct view sets of this size have an adjustment for this in the user menu--drag out the owner's manual and study it carefully. Somewhere in one of the video or setup menus there should be an item labelled "tilt" which can correct this problem.

3. Jael

Jael Agent

Upon closer exploration it seems to be a warping of the image on the lower left corner alone. I went through the service menu and tried to find an appropriate adjustment (After writing down initial values of course). I could not modify the screen image asymetrically as would be needed. I'm open to ideas. I've got CC set to swap me a new one on Sunday barring an easy fix.

Thanks for the input...