What's new

New 32" TV (1 Viewer)

James Miranda

Auditioning
I am looking to purchase a new 32" TV.

I am a brand loyal RCA follower and I was set on buying the RCA 32V530T Flat Screen. The store I went to pick it up in was sold out, but I got a caveat from the salesperson about quality issues with RCA which I have heard before, but I have had almost no problems with my RCA/Proscan products.

I now have 3 choices of 32" Flat Screens: the Phillips 32PT663F for $737.00, Sony Wega KV32FS100 for $948 and the JVC AV32FA44 for the $948.00 all in Canadian dollars.

I was leaning towards the JVC, but is it really worth the extra $200? I am not really interested in a 200 lb 32" TV (read Sony). Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
If those are your only 3 choices then I would go with the cheapest one that has a 16:9 mode. I know the Sony does, because I have the 27inch model. If possible, you might be able to find HD monitors for a decent price in the 32inch size. Samsung makes a few excellent models. Panasonic has a 32 inch flat screen that falls in your price range with 16:9 mode and they are VERY nice tv's.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I really don't understand the prices on the sets? Because in the USA the Sony goes for around $ 650 & the JVC can be had for under $500 Also this week at CompUSA Stores they have the JVC 32" AV-32FA54 with P-I-P for $499.99 I would fight on that JVC price because it seems way out of line compared to our JVC prices. As for which set to get I would go with the JVC if it can be had for a lot cheaper than the Sony & if not then get the Sony & the JVC does have the 16:9 DVD mode.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Well, Canadian prices are usually higher for electronics - even after $ conversion.

As for that Sony model, it's been out for a while - although (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe Sony is done w/ Direct View SD sets or they might produce 1 more revision for their SD sets so in either case, that price is likely to drop.

From personal experience, I would shop based on video noise produced from those sets as that's the most annoying aspect of any 27+" sized direct view set.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I know your prices are higher but I would think the difference in price between the brands would be the same?
USA Sony $650 Your Price $948
USA JVC $500 Your Price $948 (How come it's not $798?)

James Miranda

Auditioning
I will definitely try to knock down the price a bit more. It does come down to their wholesale costs and supply and demand though.

Ernest: Video Noise? Could you explain that a bit more? Thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks