What's new

new 13 ghosts in "Illusion-O"? (1 Viewer)

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Will the new Blu-Ray of 13 GHOSTS be in Illusion-O? There is nothing on the Amazon listing that says it is. What a shame, what a waste of Blu-ray. The only time it was ever released in "Illusion-O" was the first Columbia DVD in 2001. Every pressing since has not(including the William Castle box set.)

If it's not, I'll just skip on the Blu-Ray and hold on to my 2001 DVD. It's really the only way to see this classic.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Will the new Blu-Ray of 13 GHOSTS be in Illusion-O? There is nothing on the Amazon listing that says it is. What a shame, what a waste of Blu-ray. The only time it was ever released in "Illusion-O" was the first Columbia DVD in 2001. Every pressing since has not(including the William Castle box set.)

If it's not, I'll just skip on the Blu-Ray and hold on to my 2001 DVD. It's really the only way to see this classic.

Actually, my copy of 13 Ghosts in the William Castle box set is in "Illusion-O" and I've held on to the Ghost Viewfinder from the 2001 DVD as a result of this.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
10845197_2.jpg

Hi! I'm William C-a-s-t-l-e.

The 2001 Columbia-Tristar Home Entertainment "standard" DVD release with the blue-and-red tinted Illusion-O effects sequences and the free Ghost Viewer (a condensed replicated version of the original theatrical cardboard and coloured cellophane specs) was great.

But what are the chances with this "budget" blu-ray release of doing the same?

Are they really going to go to all the trouble and provide the bonus Ghost Viewers again?

Would it even occur to them to do so?

Unfortunately we don't live in an age of charity and consideration toward our fellow man anymore.

13-ghosts-1.jpg

How come William Castle's prototype Ghost Viewer looks better than the one that was actually given out?!

Jeff T.

:unsure:

Last edited:

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Actually, my copy of 13 Ghosts in the William Castle box set is in "Illusion-O" and I've held on to the Ghost Viewfinder from the 2001 DVD as a result of this.
You are right. I checked my copy and it is in "Illusion-O". I wonder why they did not put some glasses in the set?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
All of the DVD releases (including Mill Creek's budget William Castle pack) have featured the "Illusion-O" version, but only the original DVD release contained a reproduction of the 'Ghost-Finder' apparatus.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Assuming (and we all know what that means) Mill Creek isn't going to include reproduction Illusion-O viewers in a budget Blu-ray release, who has some creative ability and is game for designing and making some nice ones? You could wear red/blue anaglyph 3-D glasses and close one eye at a time, but the original viewer design is obviously much easier and more fun to use, not to mention distributing among your party guests for your exclusive midnight Illusion-O showings!

I suppose any of us could glue some red and blue gels into some cardboard, but I for one would be happy to pay someone a few bucks for something really nicely designed. I wouldn't be surprised if you tell me it's been done, in which case a pointer or two would be welcome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks