What's new

Neverwhere (1 Viewer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Neil Gaiman reports tonight in his journal that he has been contacted by A&E (the U.S. licensor from the BBC) concerning the Neverwhere series DVD release. A 2-disc set is planned for June 2003, and A&E and Gaiman are working beginning the plans on supplementary material.
DJ

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Since the six half-hour episodes of Neverwhere would fit comfortably on one disc, I wonder what lavish array of bonus material A&E is conjuring up to justify splitting it across two discs...

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Perhaps the marketting department just wanted it on 2 discs so the customer would feel like they're getting more. Wouldn't be the first time.

Having said that, the more features the better. I loved the book, but have never seen the show.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Perhaps the marketting department just wanted it on 2 discs so the customer would feel like they're getting more. Wouldn't be the first time.
Don, only a hardened cynic would suggest that.... :)
I'm sure A&E will be making full use of all the available space, in order to justify what will no doubt be an inflated price point!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the BBC releases are waaaayyyyy overpriced. I've broken down and bought a couple of them (HITCH-HIKER'S GUIDE and THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN) but can't justify the price most of the time.

GaryEA

Second Unit
Neverwhere is up for pre-order from A&E.com.
The price is $39.99, and is to be released on July 29th, one month before a full release to all retailers.
Just thought you guys might be interested. I was pretty excited to upon hearing this. :)
-g

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I ordered this and was wondering how the quality is. I ask as A&E has botched releases of UK shows a couple times in the past.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Joel, thanks for the review. Although, I am still torn. Gaiman is one of the few fiction writers worth anything today. He deserves big screen treatment. I always thought Neverwhere would make for a great film. It looks as if Coraline will beat it. Gaiman is still young though and is blessed with a cult following. He will be a household name soon enough though.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
He is a household name among comic people, but to the mainstream, Gaiman is not so well known. I am anxious to see Neverwhere though. And for AMAZING Gaiman stuff, pick up any SANDMAN tradepaperbacks or either Death:The High Cost of Living or DEATH:The Time of Your Life. Great stuff there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks