What's new

Nevernwinter Nights Aurora Beta Toolset (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I downloaded this from Fileplanet but it would not work on my computer. I was a little bummed by this but they do mention in the readme that it won't work on every computer. I know there isn't any gameplay included in the tools but what kind of impressions are you getting from it?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Ive been busting out maps for the last 3 days. I LOVE IT! It is so very very simple to use. It is ridiculously in depth. In a matter of 30 minutes I busted out a full sized crypt with respawning monsters that had unique loot (That I created). NPC's with full conversation trees (I even set the one NPC's to only speak to a Halfling with INT of at least 12) and full on encounters. Its just too bad I cant play through it:frowning:.
The scripting can be a little complicated but no where near as difficult as something like Morrowind Toolset (Its very much like BG2's scripting). The conversation tool is easy to use and lets you script and create full on conversations with branching paths.
To put it real simple. My life is over when Neverwinter Nights is released.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I grabbed this but ain't had a chance to play with it (damn E3 deadlines!). Was curious about the scripting language (one of my pet subjects).

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Romier - Wow! That sounds pretty darn cool. Did you download the tools or did you get it on one of those discs you can get for pre-ordering the game? Also, I thought the readme said they did not include NPC's in the beta. I also have Morrowind but have not tried to use their editor. I have to say, NWN is sounding like something I would be much more interested in (and that is not meant as a knock towards Morrowind at all).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
James, I downloaded the toolset. I dont know what the readme says but I scripted a creature as an NPC with dialogue. I also scripted a dead body to speak when you tried to takes its treasure.
Now as far as if I have the scripts being setup right, I have been frequenting the Bioware boards and you can get allot of good tips there. I just wish I could play through what I made to make sure I have everything setup right:frowning:.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Someone hook me up with a URL for the tools - I need to get my fix. Anyone heard about the supposed inclusion of Master Tools in NWN?

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
John - You can go to www.fileplanet.com and find the beta toolset. Last I checked it was still a front page item. As for Master tools, if you mean will the final release of the game have the complete Aurora editor and all, the answer is yes. The complete toolset will be included in the release.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I suppose I should've clarified about the tools. I had heard that Neverwinter Nights was also going to include the D&D Master Tools, which is for DM's/players to make character sheets, access files and the like - it's for the pen&paper D&D.

The Player's Guide had a severely crippled/limited version which only included the character generator, which had no prestige classes or anything else for that matter.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Ah, sorry for the confusion John. I haven't played pen & paper D&D since long before 2nd Edition even came out. I don't know if those tools will be included in the final release but it sounds like it would be cool if they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks