What's new

NeverEnding Story OAR: 2.35:1, 2.20, or 1.85:1? (1 Viewer)

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
What is the OAR of this movie. IMDB lists 2.35:1, it has the laserdisc listed as 2.20:1 and the region 2 DVD as 1.85:1. DVDEmpire lists the region 1 as 1.85:1.
confused.gif

They aren't putting two cropped versions on the disc comming out on Tuesday, are they?
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
DVDEMPIRE is wrong, I assume. I have emailed last week of another title in the wrong OAR and they fixed it. (It was a concert DVD)
I believe the DVD is 2.35:1 :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Yeah, The NeverEnding Story is standard Panavision, with a ratio of:
2.35:1
The P&S version is true pan & scan, with about 40% of the image being SLAUGHTERED off!
One way to tell a P&S movie from an open matte film is the Panavision/CinemaScope (or other anamorphic or wide-film process).
Open matte films either has NO credit for a process, or there is a credit called "Panavision Cameras and Lenses"
Widescreen films always have a credit in the opening credits for CinemaScope and a "Filmed in Panavision" credit for latter "end credits" films.
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
But Patrick, that can sometimes be misleading. For example, Titanic actually says at the end of the credits, "Filmed In Panavision" over the Panavision logo, not the usual "Filmed With Panavision Cameras and Lenses." This is what usually indicates that the film was indeed shot in Panavision (at least on 2.35 films). However, as we all know, Titanic was shot in Super 35, which, if in the 2.35 aspect ratio, should just say "Filmed With Panavision Cameras and Lenses."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks