What's new

Neverending Story DVD, is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I love this movie and was wondering if the DVD is worth getting. I've been contemplating getting it because it has hardly anything except the movie on it and thinking a better version might come out. So, is it worth it to get?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
YES!!!!YES!!!YES!!!! The disc is great. I bought it on relase day and have watched it about 3 times. Finally being able to see it in it's OAR is wonderfull. It completely enhances the great scenery in the movie. I haven't read anything about another version coming up, but even if there is, and you're a fan of this movie, buy the current release, and get rid of it later if you need an upgrade.

The current disc is fantastic.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Doubt this will be re-released again for a very, very long time.

The video quality is excellent. You can order it for under 15.00 and free shipping.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
A great disc. As long as you're aware that it has little in the way of supplemental material, it can't possibly disappoint. I can't tell you how exciting it was for me to finally be able to see this film in it's proper aspect ratio! If you enjoy the film but have never seen the letterbox version, then GET THIS DISC!

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Hey, what do you guys think of the sound quality on this disk? I rented it, but that was when I had my Marantz SR-6200 with the hissing background noise problems. I thought it was the disk, but maybe it was the unit. Now I have a Yammie RX-V1200, and I am wondering if this disk would be more exceptable without all the background noise.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I just watched it as a rental, and generally agree with the positive assessments expressed so far. As for the audio, it sounded to me like either it was recorded/mastered at a fairly low level or possibly encoded with the dialnorm setting minus several dB. If you have a hissing problem with your amp, the extra required amplification would only exacerbate it. The mix is occasionally muddy, but i have never seen/heard it in any other format, so it could very well be inherent to the source.

If you like the film, there is no reason not to drop the $15 or less for which it can be purchased at discount retailers.

Regards,

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I also highly recommend picking it up!

Also, if you're a fan of II, the releases are practically the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks