NEVER try to flush cat's #2 down a toilet

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jul 3, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I just cleaned my cat's litter box and I was too lazy to walk down the hallway to my garbage chute (I was in my tighty whities!) so I figured... eh, it's shit right? I'll just flush it down the toilet.

I stood over the toilet with the small plastic bag and ripped a hole near the top and started puring it in like a box of cereal...

BAD IDEA!

my toilet clogged and wouldn't flush and I don't own a plunger or anything so after calling everyone I knew for advice, I took 3 garbage bags and wrapped them around my hand and had to reach into the toilet and dig out rock sized chunks of soggy wet cat shit.

Now I'm still f*@#%d.

The bottom of my toilet and all down the drain hole is filled with soppy grey litter residue and it wont come out with constant flushings. It looks like somebody dumped a load of cement in my toilet... I need to get rid of this shit before it hardens and sticks permanenetly and ruins my toilet!

What the f*#k do I do now to get rid of this and save my toilet?

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

oh sorry, am I not supposed to use that word in a thread title?

I'm having a bad day.

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

Which is pretty much what you did. [​IMG] Most basic commercial cat litter is made of clay, which is semi-absorbent. Add water and you basically do have cement. They do make flushable cat litters, in case you want to look into that in the future. [​IMG]

Unfortunately I really don't have much to suggest. A snake should be able to clear the pipes. (Don't even think about drain cleaner, BTW.) As for visible residue in the bowl. You could turn off the water, flush to empty the bowl, and then try scubbing the little bits out. Use one of the "soft" non-abrasive household cleaners, a nylon "scrubbie" or nylon-covered sponge, and maye a plastic knife or spoon. The clay both adhesive and water-resistent, so you could flush from now until Doomsday without loosening the specks that are already stuck in place. It is scrubbing or nothing. Just be careful not to scratch the porcelin.

Good luck,

Joe

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Joe... luckily the caked up litter looked a lot stickier than it was.

I scooped this rocks out with my hand wrapped in 5 garbage bags, I had to reach deep intp the drain but I got everything.

I just made a make shift toilet brush with a tree branch, 4 elastic bands and about 8 bunched up paper towels.

It took some muscle and patience not to scratch the bowl but I got rid of everything.

I wish I never did thsat.

Now I need to go vaccuum the bark and wood particles on my floor...

I hope everyone learnt a lesson from this thread.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

LOL sorry man.

6. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

Great to hear that everything turned out okay in the end....but man, that is some funny sh1t![​IMG]

7. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"....but man, that is some funny sh1t!"

HE HE[​IMG]

Brent

8. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

Marco...

I just got home after a very bad night at work (actually, after a very bad week which included working a day of overtime on my only day off, followed by a bad weekend).

Thank you for making MY night seem a little less crappy (and I do use that term advisedly). [​IMG]

Glad everything worked out OK...

BTW...I'm a Medical Technologist, so my work involves dealing with and performing lab tests on anything and everything that comes out of or off of the human body, including poop. But, at least I have real PPE -- Personal Protective Equipment. Kudos on your makeshift substitute!

9. Jonathan Loy

Jonathan Loy Extra

If you don't feel like taking your cat's poop plastic to the garbage chute, have Ted Lee's poo eating dog come by once in awhile and clean up your cat's mess in the liter box.[​IMG] lol

10. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    You're lucky you got out so "easy". We had a tenant who did the same thing when she moved out. The apartment stayed empty for a month and nobody had reason to flush the toilet. By then, it was like concrete had been poured in it. We had to have a plumber ream out the pipe and replace the the toilet. Cost a pretty penny. Had to take her to small claims court. Oh the joys of being a landlord.

11. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

I think I would have purchased a plunger.

12. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

So really it is don't pour kitty litter down the toilet. pretty funny though.

13. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

[​IMG] hey man ... i'm sure even hana has her limits!

btw, i've also done this ... but thank gawd it was at my sister's house! [​IMG]

14. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Have you considered patenting your new cement-mixing formula?

15. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

Flushable cat litter + Automatic cat pan = Much happier cohabitation

I've had great success with the Arm and Hammer flushable. You will notice a decrease in the ability of flushable litter to absorb smell, but Arm & Hammer seems to be the best. And having all the waste in one little catch pan that I can remove and then dump & flush is so very convenient.