What's new

Never thought Ghost and Mrs. Muir would ever have a chance but... (1 Viewer)

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5300

As a kid, one of the more memorable hour line ups of syndicated shows my local channel put on was Gidget and The Ghost and Mrs Muir.

I had considered myself lucky that Gidget now will be coming out in a couple weeks and now it looks like Ghost and Mrs. Muir will come too.

Mind you I remember next to nothing about the show other than I liked it as a kid, but that's enough to get it on DVD if MPI does indeed put it out.

Even though the shows really have no connection I can't think about Gidget or Mrs Muir without thinking about the other due to how I discovered them both.

Now if only someone would get the lead out of getting The Patty Duke Show out.

RandyAW

Grip
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I had nearly forgotten this show and it ranked up there with my top fav's when I was a kid.
I have no idea how the show may hold up now but I really don't care, I really want to see it again.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
We are really getting a motherlode of great news in 2006. Time Tunnel, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Gidget, Flying Nun, I Dream of Jeannie, Family Affair, That Girl, The Bill Cosby Show, Wild Wild West, Rat Patrol, Superman, Big Valley, Doris Day Show, F Troop, Here Come the Brides and now this. Finally, we are getting going on those 60s shows. For years I bitched and complained about all of the shows that weren't being released but now the floodgates are opening. Okay, let's see what else we need from the 60s:

Mission Impossible - supposedly on it's way
Hawaii Five-O - likewise
Daniel Boone - the same
Man from UNCLE
Get Smart
The FBI
Felony Squad
NYPD
Julia
My Three Sons
Please Don't Eat the Daisies
Mod Squad
Mayberry RFD
Ironside
Marcus Welby MD
Medical Center
The Virginian
Courtship of Eddie's Father
It Takes a Thief
Flipper
Gentle Ben
Gomer Pyle USMC
Name of the Game
Daktari
Tarzan
The Invaders
The Fugitive
Run For Your Life
Mannix
Peyton Place
Batman
Green Hornet
T.H.E. Cat
Honey West
Burke's Law
Addams Family
McHale's Navy
Patty Duke Show
Farmer's Daughter

Bring 'em on! They keep releasing them, I'll keep buying them.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Good list, Michael. Here are some more:

The Untouchables
The Loner
The Rebel
Route 66
Sea Hunt
Thriller
The Defenders
12 O'Clock High
Wagon Train
Trackdown

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Make that, "We'll" keep buying them :D

Impressive lists, "Michael's". My list has a number of the same ones. I don't remember much about the Ghost...Muir, but it's in the TV era that I collect, so I'd get this one if released.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't this show a Fox production? Obviously Fox isn't above leasing its shows to other DVD companies- Doogie Howser was a Fox production that's out on DVD via Anchor Bay. With the great successs MPI has had with Dark Shadows, maybe it can do the same with that other soap phenom of the 60s- the Fox-owned Peyton Place!!!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Only Downside to MPI is their refusal to release Season Sets. They Do an Excellent Job on the Beverly Hillbillies but we have to deal with Missing Episodes, Petticoat Junction same, Rifleman Collections with Scattered episodes. I remeber thinking this series was funny as a Child I wonder how it would hold up, Nelson Reilly was good in it..

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

They don't refuse. Doris Day is in season sets as is the upcoming Family Affair. That's like saying Paramount refuses to release season sets because they did best-ofs on Gunsmoke and Bilko. Every situation and show is a different case and has to be treated as such.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

So true. In the case of both "Petticoat Junction" and "The Beverly Hillbillies," MPI had access only to a limited number of episodes, and not the complete run of either series. If either of these series is to continue being released on DVD, the ball is now in Paramount's court.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
This was a nice little show. Always thought Lange and Mulhare gave it a bit of class, putting it above some of the other sitcom shenanigans of its era. I'd welcome season sets. Of course, it only ran two seasons, so it could be wrapped up fairly quickly.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This was a wonderful and classy show, and it probably had the best scoring of any sitcom of its era. The theme song is particularly good, a sort of maritime march with an energetic fanfare and humorous resolve (over the dog Scruffy's yapping). Wonder if that music won any Emmys-- should have.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Haven't heard any more news....I'm still hoping and hoping that this one comes out. Actually, I'm hoping they release it as a mammoth complete series set, because I fear they'll put out season one and that will be the end of it. I wonder if more fans would be willing to part with a little extra money if they knew they were getting the whole series, not just season one??

There were only two seasons of Ghost, and a total of 50 episodes. Such a boxed set of 25 one-half hour episodes would therefore be the size of a ONE season set of say, a dramatic show that ran for 25 one-hour episodes. In other words, a complete series set of Ghost would be the same size as one season of say, Lost. It can be done.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

"The captain wants this place ship-shape and bristol fashion!!"

---Jonathan Muir, from the pilot

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Great cast photo! I actually have a bunch of TV Guides in frames on my wall and a friend years ago while looking at them said he hadn't realized Hope Lange was that good looking. That wasn't the reason I watched the show but it didn't hurt.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
So, was this a false rumor or is something holding up the official announcement? And after all these years isn't it amazing that Charles Nelson Reilly was never able to find a nice girl? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.