What's new

Never played a DOOM game, opinons on DOOM III? (1 Viewer)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello everyone,
I've never played a DOOM game before, but have a pre-order on part III, mainly because I'm a big fps fan. How does it compare to, say, PROJECT:SNOWBLIND for example, which I also haven't played yet but am curious about. Thanks for any feedback.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I not sure how it compares to others out there. I havent played many lately. But D3 to me was a very imersive experience. Best played late at night with the lights off and the sound way up. VERY creepy in a good way. :)

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
Doom 3 is one of the best games out there. You will not be dissapointed. I recommend you play it in the dark.

I have not played Project Snowbling but I guarentee you that Doom3 is better. Play it on the PC if you can.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
The original is basically the Godfather of first person shooters. Scared the crap out of me even then so I can only imagine running it high res in 5.1 audio. I've grown tired of FPS titles of late but will probably pick this up based on the great reviews and the unique experience. Apparently the originals are ported onto the Limited Edition version as well.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
I made sure to get the Special Edition for the Xbox just so I could play all 3 Doom games. Monday can't come soon enough.

Brion

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I look forward to doing as you suggested and playing it in a dark room (no problem for me as my living area is in the basement of a house anyway) and crankin' up that Dolby Digital!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks