Never doubt the power of a DSLR for movies again

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Sam Posten
Guess I never posted this:

We had fun. Had sound and lighting issues. Didn't have half the actors we needed. Found two in the bar downstairs. They were better than 2 randos could be expected to be. Almost didn't finish. Didn't expect to win any awards. Didn't win any =)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Nice evolution of gimbal tech
Niiice! Probably a good bit out of my price range (for mere enthusiast/hobbyist uses)... plus I still haven't even gotten around to do anything w/ my Weebill-S yet largely due to this pandemic. :huh:

Looks like a couple of the significant new(?) features are "borrowed" from Zhiyun's offerings, including the Weebill-S... though looks to be significantly more refined, eg. the balancing setup, the underhand slung mode, including switching the arm/handle position/angle.

That new(?) feature to control movement w/ mobile device certainly looks awesome... though I wonder how practical and reliable that really is at least w/ this (early?) version of it. He didn't even show anyone actually using that to shoot afterall. But I guess just having it available at all now (even if it's more toy in beta phase than truly useful) is a good first step...

At this point, I could probably use something (new) for the iPhone 12 Pro Max instead of my Nikon Z6 since I still have an essentially brand new Weebill-S -- don't know if I'd ever bother using a gimbal for DSLR (going forward)...

_Man_

Reactions: Sam Posten

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16