What's new

Never doubt the power of a DSLR for movies again (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Guess I never posted this:

We had fun. Had sound and lighting issues. Didn't have half the actors we needed. Found two in the bar downstairs. They were better than 2 randos could be expected to be. Almost didn't finish. Didn't expect to win any awards. Didn't win any =)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Nice evolution of gimbal tech

Niiice! Probably a good bit out of my price range (for mere enthusiast/hobbyist uses)... plus I still haven't even gotten around to do anything w/ my Weebill-S yet largely due to this pandemic. :huh:

Looks like a couple of the significant new(?) features are "borrowed" from Zhiyun's offerings, including the Weebill-S... though looks to be significantly more refined, eg. the balancing setup, the underhand slung mode, including switching the arm/handle position/angle.

That new(?) feature to control movement w/ mobile device certainly looks awesome... though I wonder how practical and reliable that really is at least w/ this (early?) version of it. He didn't even show anyone actually using that to shoot afterall. But I guess just having it available at all now (even if it's more toy in beta phase than truly useful) is a good first step...

At this point, I could probably use something (new) for the iPhone 12 Pro Max instead of my Nikon Z6 since I still have an essentially brand new Weebill-S -- don't know if I'd ever bother using a gimbal for DSLR (going forward)...

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
This seems like a terrible mismatch to me

Unless it brings global shutter to Nikon bodies stat.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This seems like a terrible mismatch to me

Unless it brings global shutter to Nikon bodies stat.
That's not a feature that would get me to upgrade my existing camera bodies. It doesn't do much for what I shoot.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All the same, it’ll be a good thing when global shutter is pretty much the standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks