What's new

Nevada Smith, is it or isn't it? (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I read somewhere yesterday that Steve McQueen's great Western "Nevada Smith" had been announced by Paramount along with Will Penny, Five Card Stud and a couple of other Westerns.

Now this morning over at DVD File, the other westerns are listed, but there is no mention of Nevada Smith.

Anybody have any further information on the release of this Western.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Thanks Robert, I hadn't been over to the Studio Feedback forum for a while.

It looks as if I may have missed getting a few reqests in again.

I had requested Nevada Smith last year, when Martin asked for suggestions.

I hope that Paramount are able to source and include Alfred Newman's most memorable Music score for Nevada Smith, in full Stereo.

The soundtrack LP was in Stereo, so one would imagine the original scoring sessions would also have been recorded in Stereo.

The movie was released theatrically in mono, but it would be a great gesture from Paramount, to the huge number of Alfred Newman Fans, if they were to remaster it in true Stereo.

It was one of his last scores and also one of his best.

(2.35:1 Anamorphic as well, as I'm sure it was in Panavision)

There is obviously still time.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Good to hear this. I was also worried that these 2 films weren't available for pre-order.
I was hoping the One-Eyed Jacks would be coming out too in June, but I don't mind waiting to see it on DVD next year when Once Upon a Time in the West is released;)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Don't hold your breath for a Paramount release of "One-Eyed Jacks".

I too would love to see Paramount release this title.

The film was shot in Vista Vision and Technicolor and deserves a new Anamorphic Transfer.

The problem is that the film is in public domain and already there have been a few dreadful quality DVD versions released by other Companies.

Martin Blythe from Paramount reported to HTF last year, that there would be no point releasing it, because of the existing DVD copies already out in the market place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks