What's new

networking STARCRAFT on a wireless lan (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i've got three pc's in my house. one hardwired to my dsl, the other two connected wirelessly.

i recently picked up starcraft and would like to network two of my pc's together so i can do a head-to-head thing.

however, when i tried i received some sort of error - of course i didn't write it down so i can't tell you what it is. :rolleyes:it had something to do with not finding an ip compatible network.

so, is there anything special i should do.

since the two pc's are in one room i suppose i could just buy a null-modem cable (at least that's what the program said) but i have no clue what that is!

i really don't want to go through battlenet if i can help it - it seems like that would be an inefficient way to do this.

anyway, any ideas?

thx!

ted

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Make sure you have the IPX network protocol installed on the computers. If you're on a network, there's no reason to use a NullModem cable (basically a serial cable you can use to connect computers together).

The fact that it's wireless shouldn't make any difference.

Luke_H

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure you go and grab the latest patch. I believe in one of the revisions it adds udp support for multiplayer. Make sure you can ping the 2nd machine from the other and select udp where you choose the multiplayer protocol. Should be that easy.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx guys. i know it asked for the latest patch, but i'll check the ipx protocol, etc. if i try and get the error, i'll try to post it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks