What's new

networking PS2s together at same location? (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
I am not asking about the new online games but the ability to connect two or more PS2s together at one place and play with or against each other on more than one TV. Is this something that is coming soon? Similar to counterstrike for the PC?

ChrisV

Second Unit
You can do that using the firewire port on the PS2. You just need to buy a cable. And a firewire hub if you want to do more than two (and if I'm not mistaken, I've never done more than two).

DarrinH

Second Unit
You mean two player games right now can be played on two different TVs using the firewire port? Are the games set up for that now? Can you configure the PS2 in the menu to do that now?

ChrisV

Second Unit
Yes. A lot of games have support for it. It's similar to the way that it was possible to hook up two PSXs. The only game I've tried, however, is GT3.

i wouldn't say a lot of games have this option. in fact, i don't think there is currently more than 3.

but there should be a few in the future. TimeSplitters 2 will have this feature. to be honest, i don't really know. i would love for more games to use this, but there really isn't much support for it right now.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Well, I know of about five, but to be fair, you're right, that's not a lot.
Now the amount of commas I used in that sentence, that's a lot. :)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I used to wish more games had it but then I realized I have no friends. And only hardcore gamers will acutally use the feature, so I see why so few developers bother with it.

jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks