What's new

Networked Music to Home Stereo (1 Viewer)

GlennAK

Auditioning
I have been on a search for a good ethernet interface to run music stored on my PC to my home stereo. In a search of the forums I could not find this issue addressed specifically. Most of the units on the market to handle this connection have their own internal hard drives (Imerge,etc), something I am not interested in. I can only find a few that just act as an interface or 'funnel' from the PC to stereo (Audio Tron, HP de100c, Extreamer, etc.). Does anyone know of any other devices for this application or have advice on the application I am after? Any information would be appreciated.

Also, there are a number of good mp3 organizers out there for playlists and coding, but I would like to find one that provides a songs information with the album cover that I can display on the TV while it is networked into my audio system. Sort of like 'Slinke' or Music Match, but with a larger display. Any suggestions on such software.

Again, Thank You
GC

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I haven't heard of anything that would do what your looking for.

here's what I'm thinking you might be able to do.

check to see if you computer has a TV-out if not you can use it as an excuse to buy a fancy new video card since almost all the new ones have a TV out. Then go buy either the ATI RF-remote or a IR remote kit and a remote extender.

Now you can just hook your computer up to your TV and control the computer with the remote control. it takes a little bit to get used to the interface but that's the same with everything.

it might not be exactly what you are aiming for but it would work very well.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Glenn: If you have a PS2 and don't mind spending some money getting a network adapter (plus a wireless connection if you don't have ethernet in the house), the QCast Tuner seems to do what you want. It has a few kinks to be worked out, but it's worth a look. :)

Oh... and if you find some software that DOES display cover info on the tv, tell me.... I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks