What's new

Network DVD - TV titles thread (1 Viewer)

P

patjo

As with all LWT series shot on film , Dempsey and Makepeace was shot on 16mm , not 35mm .
Apart from The Avengers and The Human Jungle Made by ABC and most of the ITC shows practically no UK tv drama was made on 35mm film- certainly not up to the era of D&M anyway

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Network DVD TV title being released early next year (source: Network's website, and title and it's release date is subject to change):

The Top Secret Life of Edgar Briggs: The Complete Series - Monday 2nd March.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
With Lucky Feller also being released it looks like whatever hold David Jason had over these releases has ended.
We should expect A Sharp Intake of Breath at some point now I would think.

Since new rules came in some years back actors were no longer able to veto home releases and non mainstream repeats but these David Jason shows remained absent . ASIOB was scheduled for VHS release in the 90's and there were even video cover shots released but it never appeared.
I've always assumed that in order to keep David Jason happy while he was one of their top draws ITV made a gentlemans agreement with him to withhold these 3 shows from airing . Jason has said he was not too happy with them which is why he had no such problems with things like Open All Hours which had superb scripts .
ITV 70's sitcoms were more often than not quite dreadful with a handful of exceptions.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
Yes agree.As well as the upcoming limited edition Blu-Ray of Space 1999 two-parter ordered last week (£13) just bought Space 1999 Season 1 Blu Ray for £15.60 and The Professionals Season (MK) 2 Blu-Ray for £17.91 plus some others too.I have also just bought The Professionals Season (MK) 1 Blu- Ray for £18.99 from Zavvi which is cheaper than Network (£27.96)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some TV titles have been added to Network's website the past few days (some are new titles and some might be re-released and/or re-packaged titles). Titles and their release dates are subject to change, and the source of the titles and their release dates is Network's website:

March 2015:

The Lost Worlds of Gerry Anderson - Monday 30th March
The Professionals Mk II (DVD) - Monday 30th March
The Professionals Mk III (Blu-ray) - Monday 30th March

April 2015:

Faith in the Future: The Complete Series - Monday 13th April
The House That Jack Built: The Complete Series - Monday 6th April
Justice: The Complete Third Series - Monday 20th April
Room Service: The Complete Series - Monday 27th April
Whodunnit?: The Complete Fifth Series - Monday 27th April

May 2015:

Fraud Squad: The Complete Second Series - Monday 18th May
A Sharp Intake of Breath: The Complete Series - Monday 4th May

June 2015:

All at Number 20: The Complete Series - Monday 15th June
Spitting Image: The Complete Eleventh Series - Monday 1st June.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some TV titles have been added to Network's website the past few days (some are new titles and some might be re-released and/or re-packaged titles). Titles and their release dates are subject to change, and the source of the titles and their release dates is Network's website:

July 2015:

Bill Bryson - Notes from a Small Island: The Complete Series - Monday 13th July
The Flaxton Boys: The Complete First Series (aired in 1969) - Monday 20th July
No, That's Me Over Here! (aired in 1970) - Monday 13th July

August 2015:

Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers (aired in 1985): The Complete Series - Monday 10th August
Emmerdale Farm: Volume 5 (the episodes in this volume aired between 1973 and 1974) - Monday 31st August
The One Game: The Complete Series (aired in 1988) - Monday 31st August
The Organization: The Complete Series - Monday 10th August
The Single Play: Volume 1 (two plays, which aired in 1970 and 1980 respectively) - Monday 10th August
Soldier and Me: The Complete Series (aired in 1974) - Monday 17th August

Wolcott: The Complete Series (mini-series which aired in 1981) - Monday 17th August (DVD and Blu-ray release)

September 2015:

Chessgame: The Complete Series (aired in 1983) - Monday 21st September
The Flower of Gloster: The Complete Series (aired in 1967) - Monday 14th September
Killer (trilogy which aired in 1984) - Monday 14th September
Peak Practice: The Complete Seventh Series - Monday 7th September
Pretenders: The Complete Series (aired in 1972) - Monday 7th September
Probation Officer: Volume 1 - Monday 21st September (episodes could be anywhere from the late 50's to early 60's)

Room at the Bottom: The Complete Series (aired in 1986 and 1988 respectively) - Monday 14th September

October 2015:

The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine: The Complete Series (aired from 1971 to 1972) - Monday 19th October

Nobody's Perfect: The Complete Series - Monday 19th October

The Professionals Mk III - Monday 12th October (DVD release)

Replying to post #110, the airdate info (not exact airdate info, just the year the episodes aired in) is based on checking the Network website listing page for each title and each programme's IMDb section.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Richard, I know it's probably a lot of work for you, but is there any chance you could add at least the decades in which the shows you list first aired? As I am primarily interested in the 50's-60's era of British TV, that would keep me abreast of what's coming out that I might have interest in. Otherwise, I usually wait until there is a Network sale and then do the research on my own, but it might make this thread more helpful. Just a suggestion. :)

Hoping for another 50% off sale sometime this summer, but have been looking more for films this time around than TV series. Still trying to catch up on all the Network shows I already have and enjoy. Can't remember the last 50% off sale they did as the last ones all seemed to be 40% off. Maybe Network fans can correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the thread updated!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Professor Echo said:
Richard, I know it's probably a lot of work for you, but is there any chance you could add at least the decades in which the shows you list first aired? As I am primarily interested in the 50's-60's era of British TV, that would keep me abreast of what's coming out that I might have interest in. Otherwise, I usually wait until there is a Network sale and then do the research on my own, but it might make this thread more helpful. Just a suggestion. :)

Hoping for another 50% off sale sometime this summer, but have been looking more for films this time around than TV series. Still trying to catch up on all the Network shows I already have and enjoy. Can't remember the last 50% off sale they did as the last ones all seemed to be 40% off. Maybe Network fans can correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the thread updated!

Out of the most recent list of forthcoming Network TV titles I posted, you'd probably be most interested in the title Probation Officer: Volume 1 as the series is from the late 50's and early 60's. Apparently only some of the episodes have survived.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
WaveCrest said:
Out of the most recent list of forthcoming Network TV titles I posted, you'd probably be most interested in the title Probation Officer: Volume 1 as the series is from the late 50's and early 60's. Apparently only some of the episodes have survived.

Is that the show with Ian Hendry that he did before THE AVENGERS? I know there was an episode with him included as an extra on the UK Complete Series of AVENGERS, but I can't remember if that was it or not.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Professor Echo said:
Is that the show with Ian Hendry that he did before THE AVENGERS? I know there was an episode with him included as an extra on the UK Complete Series of AVENGERS, but I can't remember if that was it or not.

Not 100% certain, but is the series Ian Hendry starred in before The Avengers, the series Police Surgeon? Have checked the IMDb filmography page for Ian Hendry, and it appears he appeared in one episode of Probation Officer as well as starring in the series Police Surgeon.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
WaveCrest said:
Not 100% certain, but is the series Ian Hendry starred in before The Avengers, the series Police Surgeon? Have checked the IMDb filmography page for Ian Hendry, and it appears he appeared in one episode of Probation Officer as well as starring in the series Police Surgeon.

You're right, the bonus episode included on THE AVENGERS set is POLICE SURGEON, not PROBATION OFFICER. Would like to see more of both!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks