What's new

Network DVD - TV titles thread (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by PatrickGoodluck
According to Amazon UK, these 2 volumes are scheduled to be released on December 31.
Normally, when Amazon UK have a 31st December release date, it means they don't have a release date. There are exceptions though (the film Berberian Sound Studio (2012) getting released on 31st December last year by Artificial Eye).
Network's new look website doesn't appear to have anything yet about The South Bank Show: Volumes 1 & 2.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updated post #72 of this thread with some new Network TV on DVD titles (source: Amazon UK and Network's website (titles and their release dates are subject to change).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some of the Network TV on DVD titles which were released between May and mid-August 2013 (source: Amazon UK):May 2013:Cannon and Ball: The Complete Seventh Series - Monday 20th MayThe Cedar Tree: The Complete First Series - Volume One - Monday 6th MayExecutive Stress: The Complete Third Series - Monday 20th MayHale & Pace: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 20th MayHeartbeat: The Complete Fifteenth Series - Monday 27th MaySpring & Autumn: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 13th MayStanley's Dragon: The Complete Series - Monday 20th MayWhere the Heart Is: The Complete Third Series - Monday 6th MayJune 2013:The Cedar Tree: The Complete First Series - Volume Two - Monday 3rd JuneThe Man in Room 13: The Complete First Series - Monday 17th JuneStay Lucky: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 3rd JuneJuly 2013:Bootsie and Snudge: The Complete Second Series - Monday 22nd JulyThe Cedar Tree: The Complete First Series - Volume Three - Monday 15th JulyFeet First: The Complete Series - Monday 15th JulyHeartbeat: The Complete Sixteenth Series - Monday 29th JulyKeep It in the Family: The Complete First Series - Monday 1st JulyThe Paper Lads: The Complete Series - Monday 29th JulySpitting Image: The Complete Ninth Series - Monday 8th JulyThe Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club - The Complete Sixth Series - Monday 22nd JulyWhicker's World: Volume Three - Monday 1st JulyWorld in Action: Volume Three - Monday 1st JulyYes Honestly: The Complete First Series - Monday 1st JulyAugust 2013:Capital City: The Complete Series - Monday 5th AugustCrown Court: Volume Seven - Monday 5th AugustSix Centuries of Verse: The Complete Series - Monday 12th Augustand some of the Network TV on DVD titles being released between September and November 2013 (source: Amazon UK and Network Releasing's website, and titles and their release dates are subject to change):September 2013:All in the Game: The Complete Series - Monday 9th SeptemberThe Bill: Volume Seven - Monday 2nd SeptemberBurnside: The Complete Series - Monday 9th SeptemberThe Cedar Tree: The Complete Second Series - Monday 16th SeptemberMIT: Murder Investigation Team: The Complete Series - Monday 16th SeptemberMrs. Thursday: The Complete Second Series - Monday 30th SeptemberNew Scotland Yard: The Complete Third Series - Monday 23rd SeptemberPlays for Britain: The Complete Series - Monday 2nd SeptemberOctober 2013:All in Good Faith: The Complete First Series - Monday 21st OctoberCilla's Comedy Six: The Complete Series - Monday 7th OctoberCilla's World of Comedy: The Complete Series - Monday 7th OctoberHeartbeat: The Complete Seventeenth Series - Monday 28th OctoberHeartbeat: The Rowan Years - The Complete Series 1-7 - Monday 21st OctoberIt Takes a Worried Man: The Complete Third Series - Monday 14th OctoberLadies in Charge: The Complete Series - Monday 21st OctoberMorecambe & Wise: The Christmas Specials - Monday 7th OctoberSpitting Image: The Complete Tenth Series - Monday 14th OctoberYes Honestly: The Complete Second Series - Monday 7th OctoberNovember 2013:The Edgar Wallace Anthology - Monday 4th NovemberMarket in Honey Lane: The Complete Series - Monday 4th NovemberWorld in Action: Volume Four - Monday 11th November.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Network TV titles being released between January and March this year (source: Amazon UK and Network's website, and titles and their release dates are subject to change):January 2014:Romany Jones: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 20th JanuaryFebruary 2014:Heartbeat: The Complete Eighteenth Series (The Final Series) - Monday 3rd FebruaryMarch 2014:Beast: The Complete Series - Monday 17th MarchCall Red: The Complete Series - Monday 17th MarchThe House That Jack Built: The Complete Series - Monday 31st MarchThe Man in Room 17: The Complete Second Series - Monday 3rd March
Room Service: The Complete Series - Monday 31st MarchSomething in Disguise: The Complete Series - Monday 24th MarchWhere the Heart Is: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 10th March.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Even though the transfers don't appear to look as sharp as the sets of The Human Jungle and Scales of Justice and the Edgar Wallace Mysteries DVD volumes (this is based on testing the discs out, skipping through the chapters), I'd say Network's DVD boxset of Scotland Yard: The Complete Series is worth getting. Presentation-wise (and this is one of the best things about Network, their DVD artwork) regarding the artwork on both sides of the sleeve, this is atmospheric, getting you in the mood for this black and white TV title (although technically, they're film titles). Synopses are on the inside of the DVD sleeve.Regarding The Edgar Wallace Anthology (which contains all seven Edgar Wallace Mysteries volumes), the transfers on the whole (again, based on just testing the discs out) I was surprised by, with sharp transfers and a good presentation. The extra features are on the last disc in each of the DVD volumes. There was just one of the titles (the one which stars the actor who played Professor Dent in the Bond film Dr. No), on the first disc in the seventh volume, whose picture didn't look quite right (don't think it's to do with the original materials).

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I can recommend the Network retro-ACTION blu-ray sets. These are three volumes of sample episodes from popular ITC television shows and the image quality is excellent:

Volume 1 has The Persuaders, Randall and Hopkirk (deceased), Department S, The Champions, Strange Report

Volume 2 has The Saint, Danger Man, The Prisoner, Gideon's Way, Man in a Suitcase

Volume 3 has The Adventures of Robin Hood, Shirley's World, The Invisible Man, The Baron, Return of the Saint, The Zoo Gang, Danger Man

Hopefully some of these series will be released on full blu-ray sets in due course. The ones I particularly want are the first season of Danger Man and The Invisible Man.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Network TV titles being released between February and April this year (source: Amazon UK and Network's website, and titles and their release dates are subject to change):February 2014:Heartbeat: The Complete Eighteenth Series (The Final Series) - Monday 3rd FebruaryMarch 2014:Beast: The Complete Series - Monday 17th MarchGawain and the Green Knight - Monday 31st MarchThe Man in Room 17: The Complete Second Series - Monday 3rd MarchThe Professionals: Mk I - Monday 31st March (DVD and Blu-ray)Something in Disguise: The Complete Series - Monday 24th MarchWhere the Heart Is: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 10th MarchApril 2014:Mann's Best Friends: The Complete Series - Monday 14th AprilThe Norman Conquests: The Complete Series - Monday 7th AprilPromoted to Glory - Monday 7th April.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Network TV titles being released in April and May (source: Network's website):April 2014:All in Good Faith: The Complete Second Series - Monday 21st AprilMay 2014:Don't Rock the Boat: The Complete Series - Monday 12th MayJimmy Clitheroe: That's My Boy: The Complete Series - Monday 19th May.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Network TV titles being released in May and June (source: Network's website):May 2014:Law and Disorder: The Complete Series - Monday 5th MayThe Professionals: Mk I (Deluxe Edition) - Monday 19th MayJune 2014:The Cedar Tree: The Complete Third Series - Monday 2nd JuneDr. Willoughby: The Complete Series - Monday 9th JuneThe Protectors: The Complete ABC Series - Monday 16th June.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
A few shows I would like to see on DVD by network include

Affairs Of the Heart (1983)
Granville Melodramas, The (1955)
Sixpenny Corner (1955)

not sure if these ones are on DVD

The Snow Queen (1955)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
WaveCrest said:
Regarding The Edgar Wallace Anthology (which contains all seven Edgar Wallace Mysteries volumes), the transfers on the whole (again, based on just testing the discs out) I was surprised by, with sharp transfers and a good presentation. The extra features are on the last disc in each of the DVD volumes. There was just one of the titles (the one which stars the actor who played Professor Dent in the Bond film Dr. No), on the first disc in the seventh volume, whose picture didn't look quite right (don't think it's to do with the original materials).
There are a couple of good, rare little films, both directed by Vernon Sewell (THE CRIMSON CULT, THE BLOOD BEAST TERROR), that are included as bonus features on a couple of the volumes; Edgar Wallace Vol. 4 has the excellent little ghost story, HOUSE OF MYSTERY (1961), starring Peter Dyneley (best known as the voice of Thunderbirds' "Jeff Tracy"), while Vol. 5 has the crackling little micro-noir, THE MAN IN THE BACK SEAT (1961), co-scripted by Dr. Who / The Avengers writer Malcolm Hulke and fellow Avengers writer Eric Paice, and starring Derren Nesbitt, who is perhaps best known as blond nazi officer "Von Hapen" in WHERE EAGLES DARE, and a frequent guest star on many UK television series in the 1960s.

Both films are about as long as an hour TV episode. These may be of particular interest to fans of the TV series, The Avengers, as both were produced by the team of Leslie Parkyn & Julian Wintle, who were responsible for the "Emma Peel" & "Tara King" seasons of the series. They had also produced the horror classic, BURN WITCH BURN / NIGHT OF THE EAGLE, a year after these two films.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Network have posted an update on their website regarding the deluxe edition Blu-ray set of The Professionals: Mk I. It has been pushed back to next year. The standard Blu-ray set's price has been reduced on Network's website for a while.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A few TV titles are being released in September and October by Network (source of titles and their release dates: Network's website. Titles and their release dates are subject to change):September 2014:Lucky Feller: The Complete Series - Monday 22nd September (DVD release)The Professionals Mk II - Monday 29th September (Blu-ray release)October 2014:Birds of a Feather: The Complete Series 1 to 9 - Monday 6th October (DVD release).*****The DVD release of The Professionals Mk II has been pushed back to next year, with a release date of Monday 30th March (source: Network's website).

charlesgunn

Agent
Real Name
chaz
nikkif99uk said:
A few shows I would like to see on DVD by network include

Affairs Of the Heart (1983)
Granville Melodramas, The (1955)
Sixpenny Corner (1955)

not sure if these ones are on DVD

The Snow Queen (1955)

I've not heard of any of those shows but Network have deals with the 3 current owners of the ITV library which although dating back to 1955 is unlikely to include much from that era .
With the exception of Robin Hood , ITC's first series and shot on film there's nothing left from that era as practically nothing was recorded and anything that was would likely have been wiped decades ago.

The BBC content from that era you can count on one hand
WaveCrest said:
A few TV titles are being released in September and October by Network (source of titles and their release dates: Network's website. Titles and their release dates are subject to change):September 2014:Lucky Feller: The Complete Series - Monday 22nd September (DVD release)The Professionals Mk II - Monday 29th September (Blu-ray release)October 2014:Birds of a Feather: The Complete Series 1 to 9 - Monday 6th October (DVD release).*****The DVD release of The Professionals Mk II has been pushed back to next year, with a release date of Monday 30th March (source: Network's website).

The Birds of a Feather series boxset has been out before and was recently available in one of their sales at a very low price.
I wonder if the new release now includes the recent new series.

Edit - no it doesn't . Was the documentary on the original boxset . If it was I can't see any reason for them to reissue this as it's already available

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
charlesgunn said:
The Birds of a Feather series boxset has been out before and was recently available in one of their sales at a very low price.
I wonder if the new release now includes the recent new series.

Edit - no it doesn't . Was the documentary on the original boxset . If it was I can't see any reason for them to reissue this as it's already available
I'm just stating what has been added to the forthcoming releases section of Network's website, and secondly I didn't say that any of the titles had been released before or not by Network.

charlesgunn

Agent
Real Name
chaz
WaveCrest said:
I'm just stating what has been added to the forthcoming releases section of Network's website, and secondly I didn't say that any of the titles had been released before or not by Network.

I was pointing out that a "new release" has been out before and that the new set includes nothing new. Which could make it possible to buy the existing version at a cheaper price .

I didn't say that you'd said whether any of the titles had been released before .
Network regularly repackage titles, usually into smaller boxes but I've not seen them announced as new releases before like BOAF.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Apparently there is (or was) supposed to be some sort of announcement regarding TV titles from Network (this year the focus seems to have been on film title releases). Probably highly unlikely, but I hope that one day the TVS era of the Inspector Wexford series gets a DVD release. Also hoping that the second series of The Sweeney gets a Blu-ray release, Heartbeat spin-off The Royal gets continued on DVD (along with a re-release of the first two series, but with the ad-bumpers included) and a Blu-ray release of the original Captain Scarlet and the Mysterions series on Blu-ray (if the elements are there for a Blu-ray release.

P

patjo

WaveCrest said:
Apparently there is (or was) supposed to be some sort of announcement regarding TV titles from Network (this year the focus seems to have been on film title releases). Probably highly unlikely, but I hope that one day the TVS era of the Inspector Wexford series gets a DVD release. Also hoping that the second series of The Sweeney gets a Blu-ray release, Heartbeat spin-off The Royal gets continued on DVD (along with a re-release of the first two series, but with the ad-bumpers included) and a Blu-ray release of the original Captain Scarlet and the Mysterions series on Blu-ray (if the elements are there for a Blu-ray release.
Network announced quite a while ago that there was important tv news on the way but what they were referring to has not been revealed as yet.

Unfortunately the TVS archive is in legal hell . It seems that its now owned by Disney but at some point during the changeover much of the documentation associated with the archive was mislayed. As this was important info regarding things such as actors fees and other financial records it means that all the info required for broadcast repeats and programme sales is now a mystery which is why the bulk of TVS content remains unavailable.
However , when TVS lost its ITV franchise there were some dealings with ITV so some programmes originally made by TVS that ITV wanted to continue were separated from the rest of the TVS archive with the rights then sold to ITV which is why there are still some TVS shows being seen on some channels.
Are the TVS Wexford shows repeated on ITV3? I expect commercial releases may still pose a problem.

Not familiar with The Royal but was that released by ITV as it's unusual for Network to edit ad bumpers . The only times Network titles have been edited is when the master supplied has been edited - perhaps to accomodate more ad breaks than there were at the time of original transmission.
Usually if a series gets its home video premier on Network it should be intact .

There are 3 or 4 episodes of the original Captain Scarlet series coming to Bluray in a month or so when the Supermarionation boxset is released. The documentary has 4 companion discs all including some HD episodes of things like Stingray and Joe 90

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
patjo said:
Network announced quite a while ago that there was important tv news on the way but what they were referring to has not been revealed as yet.

Unfortunately the TVS archive is in legal hell . It seems that its now owned by Disney but at some point during the changeover much of the documentation associated with the archive was mislayed. As this was important info regarding things such as actors fees and other financial records it means that all the info required for broadcast repeats and programme sales is now a mystery which is why the bulk of TVS content remains unavailable.
However , when TVS lost its ITV franchise there were some dealings with ITV so some programmes originally made by TVS that ITV wanted to continue were separated from the rest of the TVS archive with the rights then sold to ITV which is why there are still some TVS shows being seen on some channels.
Are the TVS Wexford shows repeated on ITV3? I expect commercial releases may still pose a problem.

Not familiar with The Royal but was that released by ITV as it's unusual for Network to edit ad bumpers . The only times Network titles have been edited is when the master supplied has been edited - perhaps to accomodate more ad breaks than there were at the time of original transmission.
Usually if a series gets its home video premier on Network it should be intact .

There are 3 or 4 episodes of the original Captain Scarlet series coming to Bluray in a month or so when the Supermarionation boxset is released. The documentary has 4 companion discs all including some HD episodes of things like Stingray and Joe 90

I can't be certain, but the only Inspector Wexford episodes I think have been repeated on ITV3 have been "Simisola", "Road Rage" and "Harm Done". I know of an Australian DVD boxset containing these three episodes, and Network released a The Best of Ruth Rendell Mysteries DVD boxset which included three Inspector Wexford episodes. EpGuides.com have an incomplete or complete episode guide list for Inspector Wexford.

ITV themselves released the first two series of The Royal on DVD in the UK, but have released no further seasons since.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Was Dempsey & Makepeace originally shot on film? I'd like it to be re-released on DVD with the episodes uncut or nearly uncut (not the 'afternoon edits'), and if it was originally shot on film, then a Blu-ray release.The listing page on Network's website for the upcoming Blu-ray release of The Professionals: Mk II has been updated to show what I assume is the final packaging artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks