What's new

Netscape 6.2 problem (1 Viewer)

TonyG

Auditioning
Sorry if this is way off the normal topics here, but I've run into a little problem. In the process of adding an account for my new broadband connection, my daughter deleted my current email account. This appears to have taken all of my old emails with it!

Help!! Can these 3 years worth of emails be recovered? Thanks so much for your consideration and help.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, no. Thats one of the problems with Netscape profiles, they store the email and bookmarks and once the profile is deleted, everything is gone.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I would try to contact Netscape on this issue. Three years worth of e-mail is worth a little investigation. You might be able to use a recovery program to "undelete" the appropriate files once you discover what those files are.

Thanks,

Jeff

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Yes, I agree with an investigation via an "undelete" program. Just make sure that NOTHING gets written to that hard disk/partition in the mean time.

-Christian

Brad_V

Second Unit
I think Norton is the one that makes/made an excellent little undeleter. Do a search for it. I think it may even be free. And it works. Might be your best (only?) shot.

TonyG

Auditioning
I spoke with our IT guys at work and apperantly the information can't be undeleted because some sort of system activity wrote over and corrupted the deleted data. These were my personal emails and contacts. I should be able to restore most of the information from a tape back up, but my most recent back up is about 3 months old.

Lessons learned. I feel worse for my daughter than myself. She was really disappointed. Thanks very much for the input guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks