Netmeeting help

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by James Slade, Jun 1, 2003.

1. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

Mods could you please leave this in after hours, there is a lot of traffic and many very PC literate people here. I haven't had good luck with these things in the other areas.

Myself and my girlfriend used Netmeeting to talk to our familes three provinces away. My girlfrineds parent's PC has never been able to receive calls, but it hasn't be a problem they just call us. Recently I formatted my hard drive and re-installed everything. Now I can't receive calls. The other person calls and it just doesn't go through, I see nothing on my end and it eventually times out on their end. I can make calls to others and it works fine, but would like to be able to receive again. Netmeeting help is useless. Any ideas would be great, she really misses not getting to go online with her mother.

Thanks in advance!

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Starting a bit basically, but can you ping each others IP addresses? You IP can be found in the About screen for Netmeeting.

Also, perhaps a netmeeting port is now being blocked.