What's new

Netflix? (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Has anyone tried out the Netflix site?
They claim to give you free rentals for $ 20 pm. What's the catch? The local rental shop has DVD's for $ 3.38. :eek:

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
The catch is that
  1. A lot of times titles are out of stock
  2. It's as many titles as you can get within a month -- but you can't have more that 3 out at the same time
  3. "Out" means all the states from when it's been "Released to Ship" till when they get it back.[/list=1]

I have a 4 out membership ($25) and on a good month I can watch 20 movies -- but I'm practically next door to them. If you're on the East coast, the number goes down in a hurry.

P.S. I'm sure this thread will be moved into appropriate forum soon.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Moving this to Retail and Wholesale Vendors Feedback, where you will find many existing posts by people reporting their experience with Netflix.
M.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I've been doing NetFlix for a year, and I really like it. Just the thought of never having to go into Blockbuster again is worth it! :D
I don't really have problems getting the titles I want, with the exception of Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down (which has been on extremely long wait since I joined). They usually get shipped to me within a few days. Sometimes I have problems with the discs being dirty or scratched, but my old DVD player was a bit too touchy and I don't seem to be having that problem with my new player.
All-in-all, I give it a :emoji_thumbsup:

Ian Jordan

Auditioning
Just as a note, Netflix now has distribution centers in San Jose, CA, Tacoma, WA, Houston, TX, and Worchester, MA. So not being close to a dist. center just got much more difficult. There may be even more out there- they sure haven't advertised the new centers at all.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Ok, on Netflix: is there a way to browse movies for a certain year? Example 2001. I realise that you can look at the latest releases but after a few pages they tend to get mixed up with a wide range of years. Thanks.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Netflix now has distribution centers in San Jose, CA, Tacoma, WA,
And apparently Minneapolis MN as well. The return envelope for the last DVD I received (yesterday) is labelled to be mailed to Minneapolis.

All my previous DVD's from Netflix were returned to San Jose. We'll see if this makes any difference in overall turnaround time.

PS I just noticed that this DVD arrived from Netflix in 2 days, whereas my previous overall average (214 DVD's) was 3.8 days for arrival. Hopefully not just a fluke...

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
>>>And apparently Minneapolis MN as well. The return envelope for the last DVD I received (yesterday) is labelled to be mailed to Minneapolis.

Ian Jordan

Auditioning
I've heard that Flushing, NY also has a site now.

List so far:

San Jose, CA

Tacoma, WA

Denver, CO

Houston, TX

Minneapolis, MN

Worchester, MA

Flusing, NY

That's quite some coverage. Add Atlanta, GA and the whole contry would be covered!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I wish they'd post this on their web-site. Seems like they could use it as a selling point.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
I have 129 movies in my active queue. Of those, only 25 are not available now. I just put the VLW and LW at the top of the queue and enjoy the ones I get until the VeryLongWaits and the LongWaits ship. No problem!

Good to know about the new distribution centers. I just emailed Netflix to find out how I can get reassigned to a center closer to me so I can escape the 4-6 day shipping I currently (don't) enjoy.

Where was the info published about the new centers? All my return envelopes say San Jose, CA on them.

I've been with them since September, 2001. Tried RentMyDvd and DVDBarn, but ended up staying with Netflix due to better selections and plans that suited me better. ('course these plans change frequently). I have the 8 out/$40 plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks