What's new

Netflix vs. RentMyDVD (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well I just cancelled my Netflix yesterday. Some problems:
1. They kept not having movies I wanted.
2. Even when I choose RENT and they say it's available, it was taking 3-4 days before they even shipped it. It would sit in the "Released for Shipping" staus for days. When I first signed up, if I chose RENT in the morning, the DVD shipped the same day.
furious.gif

I just signed up a 2-out membership with RentMyDVD so I'll see how that goes. :)
------------------
Qui-Gon John

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Your experience with Netflix echoes mine. So far, I've been much happier with RentMyDVD. Of course, it helps that I live in the immediate vicinity of their East Coast warehouse. :)
M.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So far, so good. I signed up with RMD yesterday, they immediately opened my account, I requested 2 DVD's and I got an email yesterday evening that they are on the way. When I signed up w/Netflix, they had some problem processing my Credit Card and my first movies didn't ship until like the 3rd or 4th day I was a member.
Question, with RMD, if you have only 1 DVD in your queue do they send it out or wait until you have 2?
Thanks,
John
:)
------------------
Qui-Gon John

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It sounds like you're on the 2-at-a-time plan. On the 4-at-a-time, they send out a new disc every time one is returned.
My initial shipment also was sent in groups of 2. I think that's just the way they start you out.
M.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I also just signed up with RentMyDVD yesterday. For now, I am just going with the "pay as you go" option instead of a monthly membership -- I still mostly buy vs. rent, but wanted to rent a few titles to complete my AFI 100 list. At $9.25 for two titles, it's about the same price as BallBuster, but a lot more convenient and with a bigger selection.
Does anyone know if RentMyDVD is affiliated with SellMyDVDs.com? I have sold quite a few discs to them, and always assumed that company then rented them out through RentMyDVD.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 10

I switched a few days ago from Netflix to RentmyDVD for the same reasons echoed here.
I had about 15 "Long Wait" titles in my queue on Netflix for almost six months. Transfering the queue to RentmyDVD showed only a handful out of stock.
I hope RentmyDVD can keep up with all of the new business they'll be getting from Netflix.
So far I'm satisfied. Now only if I could put pre-releases in my Wish List......

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
I mailed a couple of rentmydvd.com discs back last Saturday; they were received and the new ones shipped out on Monday. That's the fastest turnaround I've ever received on a rental disc!
RD

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
However, they don't always stock the titles that are listed as pre-releases (or as they term it Coming). I've had Zardoz, The Thing With Two Heads, and Candy in my queue since I joined. When I first joined, they were listed as Coming, now they are listed as Not Available. I e-mailed their customer support and they told me they were backordered from the distributor. But Zardoz was released in March!!! I can't imagine that it's been back ordered for over 3 months now.
--adrian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks