What's new

Netflix---------Very long wait (1 Viewer)

Scott Wott

Auditioning
I was wondering if you guys are able to get any new releases from netflix lately. For the last month or so, all new releases are long wait or very long wait.
I'm in WV and my disc's come from Duluth,Georgia. Is it just the Duluth warehouse or is availability in decline everywhere?
I have only been a member for 4 or 5 months and have been able to get most new releases until mid-Jan.(I would hate to go back to Block Buster).
Is this normal for post Christmas? Maybe all the newbies to DVD from Christmas has them in a bind?
I hope they get it turned around soon, I just refuse to wait a month or more for a new release.
Scott W.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Scott- I also receive my Netflix movies from GA, so I don't know about other Netflix locations. But I suspect the problem results from large numbers of DVD players being sold at Christmastime and large numbers of new members joining Netflix. After all, Best Buy heavily promotes Netflix now. Shortly before Christmas, I had a total of ONE title listed as having a wait of any kind...suddenly nearly 1/3 of the titles in my queue have a wait. It is discouraging, but frankly I'm never in that much of a hurry to see the latest release, and it's usually rather difficult to rent a new release at local video stores as well. Hopefully Netflix is aware of the problem and will use some of their increased revenue from a larger subscriber base to purchase additional copies of new releases and catalog titles. If not, I may cancel my membership and rejoin in a few months. We shall see.

Steve K.

Jason Bullis

Auditioning
I also get my Movies from the GA wharehouse, and lately they have been very slow to sending my movies, waiting a couple of days after they recieve one to ship me that next. Also I have had new releases as "very long wait" for a couple of weeks now. I feel their service level has dropped, I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet.:angry: :angry: :angry:

MarcVH

Second Unit
I've had no problems with this. I got _Greek Wedding_ and _The Fast Runner_ the last week on the Tuesday they came out, and now have _One Hour Photo_.

Peter_Woo

Agent
My top 6 movies are on very long wait..they have been there for over a month...and I will wait until Netflix send me those movies

Call me cheap..but I refuse to rent them from my local video store...

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
I get my movies from the Dallas warehouse and have also notived a decrease in service. They used to always ship a movie out the same day that they received one. Now, it is up to 2 days later.

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
Another thing that annoys me is when a movie states "Now" but is not selected. A number of times, the movie at the top of my queue was listed as "Now" but they shipped one below it. Any ideas why this happens?

MarcVH

Second Unit
Try reading Netflix's support FAQs; one reads:

I think it'd probably be nice if Netflix offered a bit more customization in queue management, so that you could select how you wanted your queue to be handled. The choices might be something like:
  • Only send me the first item(s) in my queue and never skip down to later films
  • Try to find the top item in the queue, but if you can't then fall back to other items (this is what they do today)
  • Try hard to find the top film in my queue, but if you can't find it within a day or two then fall back to other items
  • Always send me the first film in my queue that can immediately be shipped from my nearest service center

I doubt we'd see this, though, partly because it would make the service more complicated to use and increase support costs.

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
Better queue management would be nice. It's annoying having a move at the top of your list for a long time and never getting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks