What's new

Netflix Netflix Series - Stranger Things 4 (4 Viewers)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Here are some screenshots I took of the quick flashes of the new season from the end of that sneak peek:
StrangerThings_S04_091.jpg

Eleven held by what appear to be government agents, in what appears to be somewhere in the Southwest. Of note: she is sporting Joyce's hair style, which definitely points to her still living with Will and his family at the beginning of the season.

StrangerThings_S04_092.jpg

Steve, Dustin, Robin, Max, Nancy, and Lucas in a spooky old building. There is someone else only partially in frame on the far right; perhaps Lucas's little sister?

StrangerThings_S04_093.jpg

Hopper with a flamethrower in what appears to be a gulag somewhere in Siberia.

StrangerThings_S04_094.jpg
Hawkins High School Cheerleaders.

StrangerThings_S04_095.jpg

Someone stranding in front of a flaming car wreck; judging by the hair, perhaps Steve?

StrangerThings_S04_096.jpg
Steve in what appears to be underwater?

StrangerThings_S04_097.jpg
Max, Dustin, Lucas, and (I believe) Erica riding through Hawkins on their bikes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen this show so are the massively long gaps between seasons taken into account in the show itself? Not that I could blame the show for just letting the audience suspend its disbelief that the 'kids' must be college-age by now but I'm curious as to how or if it's dealt with.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen this show so are the massively long gaps between seasons taken into account in the show itself? Not that I could blame the show for just letting the audience suspend its disbelief that the 'kids' must be college-age by now but I'm curious as to how or if it's dealt with.
Yes, there is a time jump between each season. The first season takes place in November 1983, the second season takes place around Halloween 1984, and the third season takes place in summer 1985.

Presumably the fourth season will take place in 1986. However, given the COVID-19 related delays, more time will have passed in the real world than passed in the show.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I was hoping for later this year, but what are you going to do?

Hopefully it’ll be out early in the year, though I’m used to this being a summer or fall event.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
Yeah, I don’t mind long waits, (well, I ACCEPT long waits, lol) but this has been excessively annoying considering how much and for how long they’ve been hyping season 4. Just a week or so ago someone from the show had given an announcement about the “announcement” that turned out to be the 2022 news. I mean, come on!

I don’t blame them or any show for the pandemic delaying everything, but I feel Stranger Things’s hype management has been terrible.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I did a rewatch of 1-3 over the last couple of months.

Just finished 3 last night. Such an excellent show! Damn, I wish we were getting 4 next month.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
With the series likely to end after the fifth season, Netflix is actively planning for avenues to continue the franchise.

Milly Bobby Brown's production company, PCMA Productions, has a long-term deal with Netflix. It's rumored that she will star in and produce a spinoff that will center around Eleven as a young adult, set in the early nineties.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Just my opinion, but sure hope it's better than Season 3. Aside from great job on the period look it was abbreviated season, poorly written, seems a standalone from story arc(s) in first 2 (I know all seasons designed as somewhat standalone but for me, didn't involve enough elements from previous seasons), what happened to the upside-down (and the menacing, towering dark spectre looming @ the conclusion of S2)?, didn't develop or further the characters - I could go on but you get the idea. Had waited for Blu Ray release of the 1st two seasons but they never released the 3rd, so I finally, reluctantly subscribed for a month (plus there was another movie I wanted to check out). The only streaming service I've ever paid for.
The bar was set extremely high with the first two seasons so doubt I'd want to own S3 on blu even if available.
Hoping S4 will be less of a cynical money-grab.

Last edited:

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
A bit of hyperbole, but is how I feel. Doubt many will agree but just my two cents.
(Bluray looks noticeably better than Netflix HD streaming but) I wasn't noticing the lush scenery and gorgeous outdoor cinematography from previous years - only watched thru once so might've missed?
I realize it's not easy to come up with fresh new ideas/concepts and maintain that established high level of excellence. I felt a little cheated though, not by the cost of streaming, just the expectation not met after waiting 2 or 3 years? for it to finally premiere, and then for a non-existent Blu Ray release. (~:chump:~)
A condensed season apparently, result seems hurried - no time to settle in, less well-crafted, maybe somewhat of a half effort. And again, just my opinion, but too much off color and cursing for me. (Yeah, I get it - they're young adults, they're going for realism). It just seems to me an easy shortcut. Though I liked the new sardonic, wise-cracking co-worker at the mall character, the whole season is not taken as seriously. Suspense not built as well as other seasons, the evil not as scary or mysterious, the climax not as epic.
Having said all that, S3 is worth the watch. I mean, c'mon - it's Stranger Things!
Great established characters and franchise - I just think they're relying/riding too much on the coattails of all that.

Last edited:

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Recently, I was watching an episode of The Outer Limits from 1964. It was called Production and Decay of Strange Particles, and it was about a lab where something went wrong and a portal was opened to another dimension. The men of the lab had to work to close the portal before the aliens on the other side could come through. The men closest to the portal wore hazmat suits.

Sound familiar?
No. (jk) Nice detective work! Stranger Particles...
Now I need to see that episode.

With the series likely to end after the fifth season, Netflix is actively planning for avenues to continue the franchise.

Milly Bobby Brown's production company, PCMA Productions, has a long-term deal with Netflix. It's rumored that she will star in and produce a spinoff that will center around Eleven as a young adult, set in the early nineties.
An Eleven spinoff? Like that idea...

Last edited:

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
The Godzilla movie she's in repeats some similar visuals with men in (radiation) protection suits monitoring menace/monsters within a pulsing, glowing barrier or cocoon buried in the earth. (And briefly, my above point about language was it just seems another indicator of a lazy effort. That type of dialogue can be so easily written).

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Title tease and narrowed release date:

• "The Hellfire Club"
  • "Vecna's Curse"
  • "The Monster and the Superhero"
  • "Dear Billy"
  • "The Nina Project"
  • "The Dive"
  • "The Massacre at Hawkins Lab"
  • "Papa"
  • "The Piggyback"
Set in Spring 1986, the new season will debut "Summer 2022".

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Title tease and narrowed release date:

• "The Hellfire Club"
  • "Vecna's Curse"
  • "The Monster and the Superhero"
  • "Dear Billy"
  • "The Nina Project"
  • "The Dive"
  • "The Massacre at Hawkins Lab"
  • "Papa"
  • "The Piggyback"
Set in Spring 1986, the new season will debut "Summer 2022".

Such great theme music... Thanks for posting both and release schedule. Appears to at least be more episodes than S3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl333
Recent bookmarks