What's new

Netflix Problems, Anyone Else Experiencing This? (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
These past two weeks, all of a sudden discs already picked "Released To Ship" are taking 3-5 additional days before they are actually shipped vs. 1-2 days previously. Is anyone else experiencing this? Most of the titles I pick are usually available NOW but is still taking them days to actually release them.
Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Thanks.
~Edwin
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780.html#8 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/006466.html

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Edwin, this was SOP with my Netflix account. That's why I canceled it last March. Between the discs that were never available and the long delays in getting the few that were, Netflix had lost its value.
Since then I've been using RentMyDVD, which was great at first but is now becoming a victim of its own success. Newly released titles have become much more difficult to get, but the customer service remains excellent. They don't have the check-in feature, but their NJ warehouse is very close to me, so there's only a 2-3 day mailing time. The day they get a disc back from me, they ship out a new one.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on October 07, 2001 at 09:34 AM]

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I seem to be one of the few who is having great success with Netflix, it seems. My orders are going out on a timely basis and I am never completely out of films. I use NF mostly for foreign and indie films and so far, the only one that has been sitting in my queue for some time has been The Passion of Joan of Arc. Everything else seems to sail right along. So, sorry to hear of your trevails, but for me, Netflix has been a godsend.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
They must have slowed down shipments to me when the month of August alone I was able to watch 22 films from them.
wink.gif

~Edwin

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
the month of August
The rest of the country was on vacation, so you had less competition. It's the same reason I stay in Manhattan for August -- people leave, the place empties out, and especially on the weekends, there's hardly any traffic.
M.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
These past two weeks, all of a sudden discs already picked "Released To Ship" are taking 3-5 additional days before they are actually shipped vs. 1-2 days previously. Is anyone else experiencing this? Most of the titles I pick are usually available NOW but is still taking them days to actually release them.
Edwin, I think that they artificially delaying release of shipment so that you cannot get that many movies per month. This was the reason I finally left Netflix. It was an isolated occurrence. It was their standard practice. When you add the delays in first class mail from California to Florida, I just couldn't get enough disks to make it worthwhile. Then, on top of that to start charging Florida sales tax (which I bet they never remit to the state of Florida) was just too much to take. When I joined Netflix, I never saw anything as "Released to Ship". As soon as one item checked in, another left. It is too bad that they haven't been able to keep up a decent level of customer service.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks