Netflix Problems, Anyone Else Experiencing This?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Edwin Pereyra, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

These past two weeks, all of a sudden discs already picked "Released To Ship" are taking 3-5 additional days before they are actually shipped vs. 1-2 days previously. Is anyone else experiencing this? Most of the titles I pick are usually available NOW but is still taking them days to actually release them.
    Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Thanks.
    ~Edwin
    ------------------
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780.html#8 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/006466.html

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Edwin, this was SOP with my Netflix account. That's why I canceled it last March. Between the discs that were never available and the long delays in getting the few that were, Netflix had lost its value.
    Since then I've been using RentMyDVD, which was great at first but is now becoming a victim of its own success. Newly released titles have become much more difficult to get, but the customer service remains excellent. They don't have the check-in feature, but their NJ warehouse is very close to me, so there's only a 2-3 day mailing time. The day they get a disc back from me, they ship out a new one.
    M.
    [Edited last by Michael Reuben on October 07, 2001 at 09:34 AM]

3. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I seem to be one of the few who is having great success with Netflix, it seems. My orders are going out on a timely basis and I am never completely out of films. I use NF mostly for foreign and indie films and so far, the only one that has been sitting in my queue for some time has been The Passion of Joan of Arc. Everything else seems to sail right along. So, sorry to hear of your trevails, but for me, Netflix has been a godsend.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

4. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

They must have slowed down shipments to me when the month of August alone I was able to watch 22 films from them. [​IMG]
    ~Edwin

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

6. Gary Rhine

Gary Rhine Stunt Coordinator

I have one released to ship that now has a due to arrive date of today.
    ------------------
    Gary J. Rhine
    My Home Theater

7. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor