Netflix -- no more Upcoming releases list?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenMSmith, Jun 20, 2001.

1. StephenMSmith

StephenMSmith Stunt Coordinator

Isn't anyone else here irritated that Netflix has replaced the comprehensive upcoming releases list w/a pretty "covers" page that shows maybe 20 selected titles? The list was great because I could scan through it adding titles to my queue quickly and easily. Now, the *only* way to queue the other 500 upcoming releases not shown on the pretty page is with the search function!! This sucks. Please complain to Netflix with me.
    Steve
    ------------------

2. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

I agree. Now I'm going back and forth between the Image Entertainment upcoming releases page & Netflix, searching for individual titles. What used to take 5 minutes, now takes all day...
    I certainly hope that they bring the old version back.
    -Gabe

3. StephenMSmith

StephenMSmith Stunt Coordinator

Well send a message! I see that the list format is still used for seeing all current releases, so I have to imagine that this is just design oversite. It's really irritating because I made links that gave me the entire lists on one page. It still works for current releases, but for upcoming releases it get's redirected to the lame "sampler" page.
    Steve
    ------------------

4. Pete M

Pete M Stunt Coordinator

On a different note.... maybe I never noticed this with other titles. Unbreakable is being shipped as 2 seperate movies - the movie disc and the extras disc. I've rented lots of 2-disc sets in the past and have never seen this. I've been very fed up with Netflix in the past, but it was still saving me money. Now they are saying I can't have both discs of a 2-disc set at the same time?? (It's next to impossible to get 2 new releases ship on release day.) I think this is the final straw - I'm switching to that new rental place. Can anyone remind me what the site name is?

5. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

RentMyDVD.com is the other online rental place, but be forewarned, they do the same thing with 2 and 3 disk sets.
    --adrian

6. Wolf Jenkins

Wolf Jenkins Stunt Coordinator