Netflix - My DVDs are getting stolen!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Holadem, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Nov 4, 2000
    Either my mail man or my neighbors are stealing my DVDs!! [​IMG] Because the mailbox is small, he leaves the enveloppes on the stairs. I am going to put a sign on the mail box telling him to put the DVDs inside at all cost (they can barely fit).
    I declared the last 2 DVDs lost in the mail this morning, a week after ETA. 2 weeks ago, I never received Ghost in the Shell, lost in the mail... I am sick of this and so must be netflix. Is it possible that they never shipped those DVDs even though the website says they did?
    Ever been in a similar situation? Will they suspend my account?
  2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Feb 27, 2001
    Rich Travale
    I would consider a PO Box.
  3. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

Jun 23, 2001
    (not netflix) : i've had approximately 0 orders show up from deep discount. i have 5 orders outstanding and it's been over a month. and the icing on the cake, ordered two titles from, and again, 0 deliveries. but, i get orders through from dvdboxoffice and amazon. holmes, something's afoot ...

i've never had any problems in the past. i ordered DVDs, they got delivered. 100% reliable. this is definitely something new. everything else shows up, just not DVDs.

makes me wonder how widespread this is. i doubt it's the retailers. could there really be people out there infiltrating the post and pinching these things (knowing what the pakaging looks like).
  4. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

Dec 11, 1999
    I get all my online purchases (including eBay) delivered to me at work (I am an Asst. Mgr. at a Taco Bell). I may not always be there when something arrives, but I know that if I'm not, the other people there have enough respect to not mess with it. Everybody knows that if something comes with my name on it to not open it. This method also gives me the added benefit of the security cameras...I've never had any problem, but I know that if I did, I could just review the security tapes to see who accepted delivery and who walked out with it.

Obviously, this type of thing isn't possible for most of the members here, I'm assuming. If there's no other more secure place for you to receive deliveries (work, a nearby relative's house, etc.), then the PO Box idea is probably the best idea, though obviously it won't be free.