What's new

Netflix Lost Discs Question (1 Viewer)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
I recently re-subscribed to netflix due to the faster turnaround times...i'm pretty happy with it so far. Anyway, does anyone know what the policy is on "lost discs"? It used to be that you could have one or two discs lost in the mail to make things go even quicker...is this still allowable?

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I believe there is still a "mailed back" option under "shipping problems," but I've found that the new service centers around the country enable Netflix to receive your disc faster than you can click that button ;)

Cheers,

GarySchrock

Second Unit
I haven't tried using a lost disc thing recently with netflix, but I know for a while it seemed to basically become something that was really only intended for lost discs. I think they pretty much stopped the policy of letting you mark it as sent before they got it because of abuse.

However, the good news for me at least is the turnaround time is a lot better now. Living in the lansing area (with a center in detroit I believe), I can mail something one day, they get it the next, and most of the time I have the new movie the day after that. I can't ask for much more than 2-3 day turnaround.

Zack_H

Grip
heh.. ive only ever used the button for its legitimate use. But i agree. A new drop box opened a few weeks ago in my area and now i get next day delivery. Im quite satisfied.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
what the policy is on "lost discs"?
When you go to mark a disc as lost (through the queue), it will tell you the date you can mark it lost (usually 6 after its estimated arrival date). You can have 5 marked as lost at a time, at 6 they suspend your account. Not that I would know from experience ;)

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks