What's new

NetFlix Feedback (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
My first disc was so scratched, I don't see how it could even be read. It actually crumbled in my hand so I couldn't find out. The second disc was similiar, but it was already cracked. Several cracks in fact.

The one I recieved yesterday had a visible crack on one side. It actually looked like someone tried to use a glue stick on it as it had a sticky residue going alongside it.

Those first two discs were recieved at my old address less than a month ago. This disc was recieved at my new address.

So no, I do not think it's the mail service.

danak

Second Unit
Kain,
The delays you are experiencing sound really unusual. Do you have a distribution center near you or do your discs come from another state? I live in Maryland, with a distribution center in Gaithersburg I think and Netflix will usually acknowledge receiving my discs the day after I mail them and I will usually receive a disc the day after Netflix mails them to me. At worst, they will ship the disc the day after they acknowledge receiving it. You might want to call Netflix to see what the deal is with such horrendous delays. If you haven't called them yet, they can be reached at 888-638-3549 or 800-279-5688, according to a Netflix fan site.

Dana in MD

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
They've really slowed down for me too. Takes more than it ever used to for them to acknowledge a returned disc; then it takes three or so days for me to get the next one. It used to be much faster.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
My distribution center is roughly an hour and a half away.

I sent my most recent cracked disc back on the 23rd or so and they are just acknowledging it now. I never got my replacement either, despite the fact that I requested one.

I emailed them again and got yet another canned reply.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot for those links. Very interesting reading about what a bunch of snakes the people at Netflix are.

The way I look at it is, I have a 3-at-a-time plan, and I pay about $20 per month. I figure that if I get and watch at least 5 films a month (which is being kind) then I'm getting my money's worth. Anything over this is a good deal (say at least 10 a month, or $2 each).

But the thing is, I certainly have noticed their tactics in delaying the movies once you become more of a regular customer. Everyone seems to face the same dilemma: when they begin the service, turnaround time is lightning fast; after a while, it slows to a crawl.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Ok, Netflix recieved BOTH of my discs on January 3rd, which is a Tuesday. I mailed them on Friday if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I get a notice that they've shipped my next DVD for Wednesday, which I still haven't gotten although it's Thursday. And I get a notice that my 2nd rental won't be here until Saturday!

Since I mailed both discs back at the same time and Netflix recieved them at the same time, why are they mailed on totally different dates?

Damn throttling is really making me angry! :angry:

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Interesting...I've only ever had ONE problem with Netflix.

One time, I accidentally sent back the special features disc for Star Trek IV instead of my netflix movie (I think it was CHARIOTS OF FIRE). So I called them and said: "Oops, accidentally sent the wrong disc back...can you send it back to me please?"

They unequivocally said no, and when I inquired why, they said "We'd have no idea where to find it."

Of course, you can imagine my reply: "Just look for it in the Chariots of Fire sleave I sent back to you."

They insisted they could not find it. But what is WORSE is that they expected me to send back the CHARIOTS OF FIRE disc in another sleave WITH the other movie.

So I asked: "If you can find YOUR disc in one unrelated sleave, why can't you find MY disc in another unrelated sleave?" They couldn't answer.

Anyway, I've had great service from them otherwise.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
That's real lame. You'd think when they get the movie's back they'd look in the sleeve to make sure it's the right title, also that it's not been damaged, (excessive scratches, cracked or broken.). At that point they should say "hey, this is not the right disc, let's contact the cust and send it back to him".

I actually got a disk from BB sent back, with some home-made music CD in it. It was someone else's but they thought that I had sent it in. I had sent the correct movie.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I mailed back a DVD last Friday, at 8 am. Here it is Tuesday, at 5 pm -- and still no email saying that Netflix has received it and is going to send out another.

They used to be fast, but man oh man have they gotten lousy.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Netflix will the boot this month for Blockbuster because of their shenanigans regarding the shipping and recieving of my DVDs.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
From the Netflix Terms of Use under "Allocation, Delivery and Return of Rented DVD's":

So "throttling" is built into the system and "disclosed" in these terms that very few people bother to read. It would be a lot more palatable if they would simply state a limit instead of saying "unlimited" and creating a limit through a policy of poor service to heavy renters.

I need to quit buying so many DVD's and start renting. I haven't used Netflix since they quit renting individual titles and went to the monthly fee. In spite of the bad feedback, I'll probably give them a try, but I'll most likely just use the one- or two-at-a-time options because of the throttling issue. My gut tells me they are probably still a better deal than Blockbuster, but with free store rentals at the same price, I am tempted to try BB.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
I haven't had that bad of an experience with Netflix myself, knock wood. If anything, my problems relating to Netflix have had to do with my local Post Office.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Yeah, I never get my discs on the arrival time anymore. Last time, it was about 3 days after!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Has anyone here purchased a used DVD from Netflix? They have a 100% Gaurentee and say it comes with the original cover art. What about the case? Is it a standard keepcase, the original case, or something different?

Anyway, they seem to have some pretty good prices. $9.99 for the 2-disc War of the Worlds SE.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Netflix was getting better for a while, but once again they're up to their old tricks.

And what tricks!

I have a 3-at-a-time plan.
I finished watching 2 films and mailed them back last Saturday, to a nearby hub. No word of them being received on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday...

Then I mailed back the 3rd movie yesterday, Wednesday.
VIOLA!!! -- Suddenly I get an email today (Thursday) telling me that they've just received all 3 !

Now answer me this: If all 3 discs were going to the same nearby hub, why did it take the first 2 films FIVE days to arrive, while the 3rd was received the very NEXT day?

What a bunch of clowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks