What's new

Netflix Netflix buys Ronald Dahl Library (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Get ready for the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory remake establishing the Choco-verse. Followed by the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory TV series, the female-led Charlie And The Chocolate Factory spinoff TV series, the Willy Wonka origin TV series, the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory animated series, and the two sequels to the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory remake to complete the fully intended trilogy which will be the grand finale of the first segment of the Choco-verse.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Get ready for the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory remake establishing the Choco-verse. Followed by the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory TV series, the female-led Charlie And The Chocolate Factory spinoff TV series, the Willy Wonka origin TV series, the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory animated series, and the two sequels to the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory remake to complete the fully intended trilogy which will be the grand finale of the first segment of the Choco-verse.

There is a sequel book they never filmed :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There is a sequel book they never filmed :)
Warner Bros. and Paul King (the director of the Paddington films) are making a Wonka prequel movie. I assume that will still go forward despite this because they've already worked out the rights.

I had always heard that the Dahl estate refused to have the sequel adapted. Since Netflix is buying the whole company, it is possible that they could do that now, but I would be interested to know what rights WB retains as far as future Wonka films since they have the new film going already.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The only reason I’m happy about this is because it was not bought by Disney

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks