What's new

Netflix Begins Offering $7.99 DVD-only Plan (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
very cool. i always believe in having the physical product in my hand.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
From the Blockbuster camp.....

Blockbuster announced this week:
  • A month long pass for $4.99 for kids to rent unlimited kids movies from Blockbuster stores.
  • Sunday movie rentals for .49 cents at Blockbuster stores.
Blockbuster introduced in May new pricing in stores:
  • Lower rates and daily pricing: Thousands of titles were made available for only 99 cents per day
  • Just released movies were lowered to $2.99 for first day. Other newer movies were lowered to $1.99 or less for first day. Additionaly days only 99 cents.
Competitive Advantages:
Blockbuster offers a By Mail service that enables customers to exchange those movies in participating Blockbuster stores nationwide for another free rental.
Blockbuster offers many new releases 28 days before Redbox or Netflix.

Digital download services:
Blockbuster also offers rentals of digital downloads of movies to compatible mobile devices or PCs.

Streaming movie services:
Today, Blockbuster does not offer a streaming movie service but is exploring ways to expand into this platform.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I switched my Netflix to dvdplus BR only as I have not streamed video anyway. Netflix is great for new releases on BR but often times older titles that are released on BR are not available from Netflix mainly Criterion

Lewisclan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jay Lewis
I like the pricing the way it is as I hardly use Netflix. I think I will cut them lose before September

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I just dumped the streaming from my account. We used to stream for a while, but our DSL connection is borderline fast enough and the experience wasn't very satisfying half the time, so we've done very little of it lately. Plus, I have Amazon Prime, so I can stream from them for no extra charge. I don't have a problem with NetFlix dividing the services out; it does make sense. What I object to is that they don't give their existing customers a break and they spring a really high fee increase on us with little warning. It's like when they decided to charge extra for Blu-ray discs. It made sense. However, it ended up being something like a 25 or 30% increase. In this case, our monthly fee would have gone from $17.99 to $22.98, a 27% bump. Why does it always have to be so steep? So, like I did the last time, I changed my account so that they get less of my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks