Netflix- anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Main, May 8, 2002.

1. Mike Main

Mike Main Stunt Coordinator

Anyone use Netflix- My coworker here uses it and says its great. There are a few others. Share what u think.

Mike

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I love it. As long as you keep a long list of titles in your queue, you're all set to go.

3. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I've used Netflix for about 2 years. It has been great up until the last 3 months. I keep a large que but I am finding frequent waits for more and more movies. Not necessarily current releases or movies you would normally consider very popular. I even sent in a comment sbout this to Netflix. Not much of a response though. Still beats going to BlockBuster, which I absolutely refuse to do. Albertson's has some great bargins ($0.99 on Mondays) but inventory is minimal.

4. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Just watch out for scratched DVDs. I tried to watch Payback ... twice, with no luck. The sent me a disc that wouldn't play past the first couple chapters. The replacement they sent wouldn't play the final half hour.

Also, if you plan on watching series on seperate DVDs, spread them out in your queue. If it comes time for disc 1 of the set and it's not available, they'll send disc 2 (if it's the next one in the queue) and you'll be stuck holding onto that disc until you get disc 1. I don't know why they can't just add a function to their queue software for series ordering.

5. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Check the HT software area, there is a good netflix thread there.

6. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

The turnaround time is not the greatest for me here in Mpls. But I can probably get through 3 dvds per week...which I guess isn't bad for $20 per month. [​IMG]

7. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I'm very happy with Netflix. Of course I'm happy with anything that allows me to bypass Blockbuster!

8. Sarah S

Sarah S Second Unit