What's new

Netflix: An ongoing log (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well, has anyone tried to remove them then put them back again?

danak

Second Unit
I too tried it and it didn't work for me either, at least with Madagascar

Dana in MD

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Well, I decided I wanted to rent the Chris Reeve Superman movies, so I pulled up each title individually and then ADDED each one to my queue by pressing that ADD button. Afterwards, you have to make sure you hit MOVE TO TOP OF QUEUE if you want to receive them as the top priority on your list.

So what do I get today? An email confirming that SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE will be shipped today and arrive tomorrow. Oh, that's just dandy -- I get #4 ahead of 1, 2, and 3!

Even more puzzling to me is that the first film, SUPERMAN - THE MOVIE, was definitely ADDED but it's not even on my queue anywhere!
It could have been that I ADDED each movie to my queue in proper numeric succession, and then moved each one individually to THE TOP, but this made the sequence backwards. All the same, I am pretty sure I checked my main QUEUE PAGE and everything looked right when I last looked.

Either way, it looks like I'll have #4 sitting here for awhile before I get 1, 2, and 3 ahead of it (and I'm only on the 3-at-a-time plan).

I'll survive, and I'll figure something out. But whether this one's my fault or theirs, this one's just real inconvenient.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's how I get around that problem (most of the time):
Move the first disc to the top of your queue; as soon as it gets moved into the "shipped movies " area, move the next movie in the series to the top of your queue. As each title ships, move the next movie you want to the top. I got burned once they switched from shipping multidisc sets all together (I rent lots of TV shows) to shipping each disc individually.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I do what Eric says but I got burned today. Apparently disc 3 of the TV series I am trying to watch is shipping from antartica so I will be getting Disc 4 3 days before I get disc 3. :frowning:

I am almost positive they do this to us deliberately to slow us down.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'll go a step further, Eric. I won't even LIST any sequel anymore into my queue until I learn that the first one is being shipped.

Scott, there are too many of us feeling the way you do for it to be a coincidence or unintentional. I'm with you.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I had Blockbuster and Netflix. I got around Netflix's screwups by ordering the missing DVD from Blockbuster. Worked like a charm. However, I've since dropped Netflix due to their games and never looked back. Did I mention that you can also go into any Blockbuster store and get a missing volume of a set with their free store rental coupon? ;)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Article about Netflix throttling -- click here.

Yup, I tried it with Pickpocket -- still Long Wait.

The above article I linked explains why -- not only do they send you fewer titles when you are a frequent renter, but they Long Wait you on popular ones...

Sucks, what can I say. If I don't get it in the next month, I will consider using someone else.

Ted

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I rarely put new films on my queue. If there's something brand new that I'm interested in renting and that I know will be a "long wait", I just go around my corner to Blockbuster. I'm a fan of old and less popular films mainly, so that's where NETFLIX comes in.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I put Battlestar Galactica on my queue, and it shows up as single title, whereas each disk in a set used to be considered one title.

Just for kicks, I added Buffy S1 and it shows up as one title on my queue as well.

Does this mean it is impossible to rent a specific disk out of a set without getting the whole thing, in order?

I can't imagine that it would be the alternative: that a whole multi-disc season is consired ONE title.

What the hell?

--
H

danak

Second Unit
Holadem,
How are you adding the TV titles, with Add all or clicking on each individual disc? What browser are you using (I don't know if that matters)? What does it actually say in your queue? Perhaps you have a glitch?

Dana

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just added Battlestar season 1.
it says series disc. but is 4 discs.
i deleted disc 3 and 4 and now just have disc 1 and 2 in my Q.

so i dont understand what your saying holadem.

i've been watching bab 5 and that has been in my q as single discs for as long as i've had it in my Q.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It appears things are back to normal, but I am absolutely certain there was something wrong last night with the system. Now series are showing up as usual, with multiple discs that can be selected individually and appear as such on the queue.

I just added search for Buffy Season 1, and it had the ADD ALL button underneath the picture, as it should. But last night, that button wasn't there, there was just an ADD button.

I am glad I still have the entry I added last night on my queue, 'cause it shows I am not crazy: Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0, exactly like that, as if it were ONE disc. There should be a disk # next to it, but there isn't.

I am certain that if I were to remove it, and then add it, it would be split in multiple, disc, now that they've fixed whatever the heck was wrong last night :)

--
H

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if you have a season of a show as 1 disc i would move it to the top and try to get it next.
a mutliple disc set as one disc is great if you can get them to send it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks