What's new

NET LT260 Projector (1 Viewer)

Shahid

Grip
Hi. I'm about to buy my first projector for an FPTV set-up (total newbie here, so having a lot of fun). I've been looking at various projectors and saw the specs on this new NEC DLP unit that seem awesome for where it's priced (between $3,000 and $3,500). XGA native (with UXGA supported), good input flexibility, 2100 ANSI Lumens, and 1300:1 contrast ratio.

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience, comments on this projector.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Shahid, when you say looking at projectors, do you mean looking online or actually seeing some in action? You've probably heard of DLP units being susceptible to "rainbows", and if you haven't seen one in action you might want to try viewing one before plunking down your cash. I have an NEC LT150 and really enjoy it, but for a while the rainbows did bug me. I seem to have acclimated to them (combination of learning "how to watch", and maybe eye/brain filtering them out to some extent), but some folks are really bothered by them.

Also, be sure you can accommodate the long throw length of the LT260 in your room; if not the LT240 might work better plus it's a little cheaper with the same light engine.

Shahid

Grip
Paul, thank you for your reply, and I hadn't even looked at the 240 (or really thought about the throw distance) - I have to look into it. I've been hearing a bit about this 'rainbow' effect and have found a store near here that sells DLP projectors (though they don't have NEC's), but that should give me some idea of my sensitivity to the problem.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I believe the LT240 and LT260 use a 2x colorwheel. If you go see a projector, you may want to ask them the colorwheel speed (or at least get the projector model).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks