What's new

Nesn in Hi Def Starting Mon (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The New England Sports Network will begin Showing Both Red Sox and in October Bruins Home Games in High Definition. Comcast will have the Hi Def channel available in Western Mass on Ch 882 while the standard Def channel will remain ch 51.

Win or lose I'm psyched to finally see Sox games in Hi Def. And I might actually start watching Hockey.

Cable is making the biggest strides in HD here. Thy recently added the PBS local in Hi Def and am working on the other networks. Looking at my HD Sunday night FB Game on the recently added ESPN HD really shows me how far we've come.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

Are you getting the 2 new channels scheduled to start today (INHD and INHD2)? I checked this morning and no new stations in the 800 range. I believe they were going to be 881 and 882, with 882 being the one to carry NESN.

I knew something was up when I heard McDonough say something about a High Definition test being done at Friday's game. After that, they've been running an ad all over Comcast for HD NESN games on INHD2.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Jeff, Yes the stations just showed up a few minutes ago. I don't think 882 will be exclusively NESN. I think it'll be mainly a HD PPV channel that will insert the Red Sox and Bruins Games when they are on. I'm getting pretty ramped to see this tonight on My 30" Samsung, and Tommorrow Night on My 65" Mits. 8 more Home sox games to go so that's at least 8 HD Games we'll see.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I knew the 882 channel will only carry NESN game broadcasts and will be normal INHD2 the rest of the time. It's great NESN was able to broker this deal. Gives us HD sports with no overhead for NESN except the HD cameras and link to INHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks