What's new

Nervous about going to a new school tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
Tomorrow I step into the college world for the first time and am very nervous. I'm going to Chattanooga State (Link Removed) and am afraid I won't like it. I'm not use to changing schools since I went to the same school for 11 years before. I'm worried about meeting new people and trying to keep up. I find I relate better to adults than people my age although I have many close friends my age. Any advice..thanks!

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Change is often nervous-racking. Changing schools, jobs whatever...it's the threat of the unknown. Be sure to have everything organized tonight (pens, pencils, notepaper, what you'll wear...). The less you have to worry about tomorrow, the better.
Just remember that tomorrow's just another day and in a week you'll feel right at home. ;)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Oh man...my first week of college was a trip. I had a really nice roommate though that showed me around. Its also a lot easier to meet people and make friends at college as opposed to high school or grade school. Everyone is in the same boat and everyone seems to want to know everyone else. Just be friendly and get to know your teachers and those around you. College is a blast! I really miss it and I've been out for 5 years.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
I go to school tomorrow as well. This will be my third year at Michigan State. The first few days will seem very foreign to you but i can guarantee that you will have the best times of your life there. Just be friendly to others and remember that they probably feel the same way as you do.
Not to mention the quality of the women goes up tremendously in college...
How true it is.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
"I can guarantee that you will have the best times of your life there"
I wouldn't go that far.. :)
Whatever you do don't talk about DIY audio as a pick up line, one time I accidently did and showed this girl pictures of my HT and computer at my website. She said it was "funny".
Also, watch out for scams... They're everywhere and hidden in many ways.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Also, watch out for scams... They're everywhere and hidden in many ways.
Bah, never had a problem. Just use your head and don't buy from all those stupid people wandering around selling magazine subscriptions. Everyone and their mother will be selling t-shirts also, waste of money. Stay away from the tables setup to sign people up for credit cards. I waited until citibank sent me a form for a free visa card before I got my first card.
My school switched to having Coke be the official pop on the campus, it was awesome, in our plaza coke setup about 8 coke machines and kept filling them all day long and it was all free for the entire day. You'd see people in class with bags full of bottles of coke, it was everywhere! College was a blast, its where you learn to be cheap and get whatever you want for free :)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am probably a day late Van Patton but remember that most everyone else is a little nervous too; it is not just you so take that into consideration. I used to think it was only me.

I agree with Jeremy, have as much stuff ready the night before and get there with time to spare(just not too much).

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
Just be yourself Thats all I have to say. College is a blast. Make the most of the 4 years.

Quote from Tommy Boy

"WELL ALOT OF PEOPLE GO TO COLLEGE FOR SEVEN YEARS"

"YEA.....THEY'RE CALLED DOCTORS"

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Make the most of the 4 years.
Don't feel rushed to finish in 4 years...most people don't anymore. It took me 5 just because I didn't know what I wanted to do. My last 2 semesters I took the minimum number of hours each semester so I could keep my health insurance. Don't be in a rush to get out, stay in as long as you can!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Don't be in a rush to get out, stay in as long as you can!
just make sure you and/or your parents can afford it...:)...college isn't exactly a cheap ride for a lot of people, and an extra year or two (hopefully not much more than that) can break the bank, or whatever the expression is...if u have (a) scholarship(s), then all the better, just make sure you keep the grades up so you can keep it...
just remember to work and play/relax hard! :)

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
college isn't exactly a cheap ride for a lot of people, and an extra year or two (hopefully not much more than that) can break the bank, or whatever the expression is
Still paying my USC loans back and I graduated in 1995. The best $100,000 I've ever spent and definitely the best 4 years ever.:)
You'll love college! Congratulations, and make sure to avoid the Freshman 20........

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Van, relax and be yourself. I went to college for 6 years and changed majors about 8 times. All I can say is that you should not be afraid to change your mind about what you want to study. You should always have a plan and a goal, but leave the door open, that way you find something that you really want to do and will enjoy doing.
I ended up going from english major, to history, to communications, to communication and journalism (this one actually lead me to a job as a radio DJ for 2 years), to university studies, to creative writing, to media arts. So check it all out a lot of instructors will let you sit in on classes to check them out as long as you are not disruptive.
The best advise I can give you is to budget your time. You don't want to be one of those people who end up pulling 48 cram sessions before finals. ( I know this from experience)
Have fun and remember to keep posting here. After you are done studying, of course. :D

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Not to mention the quality of the women goes up tremendously in college...

From my hometown Orange County, CA women, Berkeley is a couple steps down.

From an SNL skit "If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks