What's new

Nero Wolfe on DVD in July! Why don't you people tell me these things? (1 Viewer)

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Over in Lasersedge.com Pre-Releases section they have box art and details for A&E's "Nero Wolfe: The Complete First Season" 3-Disc Set listed for 7/8/2003 for a list price of $59.95.

Because of the cancellation of this show, and "Farscape", I recently dumped my cable company (why pay $60 a month for cable when I can just but a whole season of my favorite shows for the same price?). Finally I can own this charming series on DVD!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, this was a great show. i was really bummed when it was cancelled. not sure i'd buy the dvd set, but maybe if i see it on the used shelf... ;)

John Watson

Screenwriter
A&E, you astonish me!

(Think I'll get that too. Loved the colour and music more than the plots in some eps, and would love to see it without all the interference (poor picture, ads) on cable TV.)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this one's confusing to me, too. I learned about it roughly a week ago for the first time, just by stumbling across it at A&E's site. There had been no advance word about this release. Why not? Well, it appeared to not be available at retailers other than Deep Discount DVD! No Amazon, Best Buy, DVDPlanet, Circuit City, DVDEmpire, or Borders listings for this puppy. :eek:

We thought: Is it an exclusive, like New Avengers? Perhaps, but if so it's not advertised as such, like NA plainly was at both A&E's site and at DDD. As for NA, it's no longer exclusive since it will be in retail stores at the end of July.

I passed this on to Gord to investigate, since he's the one who's got contacts at A&E. Obviously he wasn't able to turn up anything new, since he listed it last night and wasn't able to add anything new.

But obviously this Nero Wolfe release is not a DDD exclusive either, now, since Laser's Edge does indeed have it listed. But the 7/8 date? Huh...both A&E's online store and DDD both say 6/10...tomorrow!!

So, I wonder why A&E is being so closed-mouthed about this? I doubt they're "keeping it secret", since they want to sell copies of it. More likely it's a lack of advertising budget availability, and that may be generating a lack of enthusiasm for getting even the "free marketing" out there. :shrug:

serse

Auditioning
"Nero Wolfe DVDs It was recently brought to our attention by Nero Wolfe fans that some episodes from the Nero Wolfe Season 1 DVD set were edited down from the original broadcast version. We are currently reinstating the missing scenes, and as soon as the new closed captioned DVD masters are complete, we will be shipping replacement DVD sets to all customers who purchased this title. We expect to ship the new sets in 6-8 weeks.

We would like to thank Nero Wolfe fans for bringing this issue to our attention, and for their patience while we address the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Above is from Message Board at A & E.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks