Nero Wolfe Box Set

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sergio A, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Sergio A

Sergio A Stunt Coordinator

I'm a huge fan of the recent A&E NERO WOLFE series starring Timothy Hutton and Maury Chaykin - the first season (but not the pilot) has been recently released in a three disc box set.

Only the two-part episodes have been shown here in the UK on Satellite and so I am very keen to purchase it. However, A&E recently put out a press release saying that some of the episodes were mistakenly mastered from slightly shorter versions created for repeat screenings and that they would be replacing them.

I got this information from:

http://entwold.home.att.net/NeroWolfeDVDs.htm

I am very anxious to get this excellent and very eccentric show on disc (apparently the transfers are fantastic looking as the show was reportedly shot on High Def)- but does anyone one have any info on the replacement disc? I'd probably have a hard time replacing them from the UK as I don't think A&E have the resources of Universal (ala BTTF)- and hopefully they'remaking a better job of it too!

All suggestions gratefully received!

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Amazon in North America isn't even listing NW yet.

I hope it's not a case where some sets are out there, and will be replaced by an improved version, but you'll have a hard time figuring out which is which.

A&E had a similar problem with some sets in The Prisoner series some years ago.

I'm looking forward to NW too, I loved the music and colour of the show, tho not all the stories were top flight.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer