What's new

Nero users...help please! (1 Viewer)

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using the demo version of Nero (5.5.9 version) and am trying to burn a file from my external harddrive to a CD-RW. I keep getting an error message saying that the recording has failed due to a "writestate" error. I've looked all through their help topics and have found nothing that explains this. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
First, do you have anyother burner software installed. This can cause this error as the two different softwares will fight for controll of the device at computer startup. If so then unistall one. It doesn't always cause problems, but I have seen it enough to think this may be the cause.

If not then, try using a slower burn rate. Make sure your media is rated for the speed you are burning.

Also, is this a CD-RW disc or just CD-R. If RW then make sure you are formatting it with Nero.

Lastly, skip the simulation burn if you are using that and just go to straight burn.

Also, list your system specs so we can help more.

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jesse. I think one of the problems is that I don't see in Nero where to format a disc. Is this a feature that is not available on the demo version? Maybe Nero calls it something else other than "format" but I'll be darned if I can find it!
I should probably add that I have successfully burned several cd's using Nero...but I hadn't tried a CD-RW till now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks