Nero 6 question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mike LS, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I'm in the process of transferring some cassettes to CD's. These are lecture tapes, so it's not like I can rip individual tracks off.
    I've done one tape and I have a single wav file that's 680mb. How can I automatically have Nero insert cue points at specific time points? I don't want to burn this as a single track....I'd like to be able to skip around without using FF or RW. If I could have a cue point inserted every 4 or 5 minutes (or whatever) it would work perfectly.

Any ideas?

2. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

Don't know about Nero but I would use editing software to cut them into separate tracks.

3. Bob_M

Bob_M Stunt Coordinator

>I've done one tape and I have a single wav file that's 680mb.<
    How did you capture the audio into the wav file? I have some old casetts too.

Thanks Bob

4. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I have a tape deck patched into my soundcard with a standard RCA-1/8" cable. I use Adobe Audition to record the wav.

I found an option in Nero Wav Editor that allows you to put a track cue every ____ seconds. I thought that would work, but when I tried to save the cued parts as individual tracks (there's a function for that) it would save one or two, then it would save the other 14 tracks into the same file. I tried it 4 or 5 times and it fouled up each time.

I'm splitting them manually now, but it's just irritating when a function of a program won't work the way it's supposed to.

5. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Does Nero have a forum for the users?