What's new

Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum 01 $11.99 at bestbuy.com (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
:emoji_thumbsup: I have the original box set, but I was curious to see what the differences were. At that price, I'll probably pick it up just to give it a look.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I also have the "Perfect" collection, which I snagged for $40 :emoji_thumbsup: but then I found out about the Platinum and realized why it was so cheap. Actually it's not so bad because the Perfect is still selling at a much higer price than I paid.

From what I understand the picture quality and audio is much improved. The original had alot of jitter and was rather pale and from what I've read that's all fixed along with better audio. There's also a bunch of nice extras.

James D

Second Unit
I have both and if you're an Eva fan, then you must upgrade to the Platinum. The picture and sound is vastly improved to the Perfect Collection. They also included the Director's Cut versions for episodes 21-24 as well as the on air versions(so there are a total of 30 episodes).:)

James D

Second Unit
You might want to wait and see if ADV releases this for a reduced price as a thin pak set. They have recently released Rahxephon, Noir and Full Metal Panic as a thin pak box set for a very affordable price.:emoji_thumbsup:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
:D yeah, I'm going to wait to see also. I'll probably pick up the whole set, rather than the one disc. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks