What's new

Neon Genesis Evangelion Box 4/23/01 (1 Viewer)

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
I know many, including myself, have been waiting on a collected edition for this series for a long time. Well, it's finally here! The first DVD has been remastered as well due to popular demand.
According to animeondvd.com therightstuf.com is exclusively selling individual boxes or the boxes w/remastered first DVD so those of you that have the series have an outlet to get the box.
Also, there appears to be a rumored premium set and a regular set. Details are still up in the air about their differences.
There is a pic of the set here:
http://www.macrossworld.com/cgi-bin/...=17&topic=1218
If anyone else has heard any other details about this set please share it. Thanks!

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
What's this business about a remastered first disc?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
They reauthored the first disc after complaints about it. I'm not sure exactly what was fixed, but the new version comes with the boxset.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the removal of the overlays was one of the bigger fixes on the remastered 0:1.
As for myself, I'll be ordering the box and the remastered first disc without a doubt. Can't wait :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I am so all for this!

Now all I need to do is suck up to my dad so he'll buy it for me...

Did they remaster 0:2? The spine of the DVD for 0:2 looks different from the real one...

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Wow, awesome news! That is a sweet looking set. The Cowboy Bebop boxset is very nice, but I'm salivating at the rumors of a "premium" boxset for Eva.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I could sell all my old Eva DVDs and buy a new boxset...

Nah. Just get the boxset (and the remastered 0:1), though I would like the new 0:2 insert...

Actually, I'll probably get nothing. I have no money...

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently the insert (as in the cover art spine) for the first and second volume do not align with the ones for the rest of the series. They are taking care of that with this boxset.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The ADV symbol on 0:1 and 0:2 is put above the little ID number for the disc, so the Neon Genesis Evangelion and Collection 0:# labels are pushed up a little more. Where the ADV symbol is on the other discs, there is a DVD logo there on the first 2 discs.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
It's about time too. Fixing the insert on NGE is just the first step. How many other ADV series have fucked up spine art as well? What, all of them? It's pretty ridiculous how inconsistent they are with that.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
As founder of ASAP (Anime Spine Art Police), ADV was on my hitlist for quite a while, but they have gotten a lot better.
What chokes me more is Animeigo, who release an entire series (Macross) at one time, and can't maintain consistency across the set. after months and months of delays, and probably the biggest restoration ever done in anime, and they blow the spine art! :thumbsdown:

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I was also disapointed with the screw up on the Macross DVDs, but I'm not going to do any complaining, being that another multi-year wait isn't worth it (besides, they need to get to work on their Samurai Cinema movies!).

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Jeremy,
Is that the confirmed release date, because everywhere I've read indicates the aforementioned 23rd? I'm stoked if it is...although that means I have less time to scrape together the required amount. Looks like I'm going to have to sell another "non-essential" textbook :)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
The box and the box with the remastered volume 1 is already listed on The Right Stuf store webpage for purchase. I bought myself 2 copies of the box with remastered vol. 1 already. Still awaiting word on what the platinum/premium box will hold. And if it is going to be a completely different box all together. :)
KC

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Is there a way to get the box, DVD 0:1, and the redesigned insert for 0:2? I have the whole series and am pretty satisfied, but I definitely want the new 0:1 and would like the collection to look pretty with the insert for 0:2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks