Nemesis- Any chance?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 24, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

We'll see the three hour version fully restored on the DVD?

If Lord of the Rings proved anything, it's that fans don't mind long movies [​IMG].

2. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

I'd love to see that. I seem to be one of the few that really enjoyed Nemesis. [​IMG] However, considering it's box-office take, I'm not going to hold my breath for a new cut.

3. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    Stuart Baird has said he is satisfied with the theatrical cut of the film, and that it's his director's cut. Some extra footage shold make it to the DVD though.

Neil

4. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

You'd figure, with the appalling results theatrically they would do everything possible to recoup the losses with a great DVD release.

5. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

François Caron
    Recuperating their losses with the DVD release? It could happen. I'd rather wait for the DVD release than see the movie in a theater. I have this uncontrollable fear of being surrounded by Star Trek geeks. [​IMG]

6. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I'm hoping this will be a 2-disc sspecial edition out of the gate and not double-dipped like most of the Star Trek movies.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I'm planning on a theatrical cut/barbones DVD out of the gate in the usual cinema-to-home-video time window, and then an "aw, shucks: we'll give the fans what they want!" SE release with extra footage in whatever timeframe syncs up with the other ST film double-dips. I doubt we'll get 3 hours running time, but history proves we'll get a "special edition" cut, regardless of whether Baird wants to call it a "DC".

The one argument I can think of against this happening is this: Didn't the much dreaded ST5:TFF actually make more at the box office than Nemesis? If so, and if TFF ain't getting an extended cut, then why bother with Nemesis?

I confess that this is all the tachyon-induced imagination of a Trekkie, and I haven't a clue how the great minds at the studios work...

8. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

9. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I'd like an extended version as well. It'd be great if they could do it with seamless branching like Independence Day, so you could watch either one.