What's new

neil young froze my player! (1 Viewer)

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator
just got the dvd-a of neil young's "on the beach."
menus worked but when "play disc" was selected it went to the first song's page and wouldn't play, change disk, turn off or anything. had to unplug the machine (yamaha c750). put the disk into a regular dvd player and the non-hi-rez tracks play. anybody have this disk or any advice? thanks

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator
just googled the problem and it seems pioneer players can have this prob. w/these disks. is the yamaha from a pioneer base and is there firmware fix?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
There is a firmware fix for the Pioneer 563 which has this problem. I ran into it today when I received my copies of Beck's Guero and REM's New Adventures in HiFi and Monster, all in hi-rez. All 3 of these discs failed to output any sound, so I got authorization from Pioneer for the fix this afternoon...

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
It's because of issues like this (along with a host of other reasons )that I never bothered to get a DVD-A and /or SACD player. And the formats seemed to be dying out due to lack of consumer interest. I know some people praised those formats to high heaven (and I don't doubt they deserved that praise , either) , but the average person never saw the value of it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks