What's new

Neil Young Archives 11/14/06 Well sort of... (1 Viewer)

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
The first installment of Neil Young's long,long,long awaited Archives arrives 11/14/06 on CD & CD/DVD (no video) combo.It is titled "Live At The Fillmore East" and contains 6 songs:
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Winterlong
Down By The River
Wonderin'
Come on baby Let's Go Downtown
Cowgirl in The Sand
It is an incomplete show and features most of the second half from the four shows played there in early March 1970.Features original Crazy Horse guitarist Danny Whitten.From waht I heard the extended versions of Down... and Cowgirl are outstanding.Seems Neil has opted for a line of Single releases other than a massive boxset(my wallet says thanks at least).I know Neil has an enormous archive of unreleased material and I hope we see much more of it soon.On Neil's official home page there are a few videos from 1980's era Crazy Horse shows featuring some songs probably played most in that era.Title on top say Video Archives 3.So who knows when we'll get some more Archive material.I guess if you're a fan you know he does whatever he wants whenever he damn pleases.But Neil hooked me as a lifelong fan when I was lucky enough to attend one of the Live Rust shows(at MSG).Anyway Long Live Neil....

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
???

As someone whose been waiting for this since it was announced as "decade II" back in 1988, I'll take what I can get. I would of prefered a boxset to start things off though, similar to Dylan with his Bootleg series.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I am sorry, I can't tell what this is by the description. Is the DVD included another DVD-V audio album with 96kHz/24-bit LPCM including only 6 live songs? It seems like an odd release if that is what it is although I love the sound quality on the "Greatest Hits" and "Prairie Wind" DVD-V's. Is he going to be releasing a ton of live stuff, similar to his good friends Pearl Jam?

Chris

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Dare to dream??? 2007??? For Archives?

http://www.repriserecords.com/neilarchives/

theres a trailer and everything!!

And since no one mentioned it: the Live At Massey Hall disc that came out a couple of weeks ago was fantastic. The DVD has ratty footage from the show, with amazingly clear 2-channel audio. The performances are all top notch and very powerful.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
The DVD version of Live at Massey Hall is 96/24 LPCM and does indeed sound very good. It also has a redbook CD so you can listen with regular CD player too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks